2013 Mainline singles case A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Mainline singles case A

Mattel has released the 2013 Mainline singles case A... JMDL Toys has received a small shipment and has more due next week... It looks to me like they are trying to make it more like Hot Wheels by separating Cars into different series... here is the case assortment...

Maters Series:
    Race Team Mater x 2

Lemon Series:
    J. Curby Gremlin x 2

(Photo used by permission of JMDL Toys... thank you, Earl and Steffanie)

Vladimir Trunkov x 1

Festival Italiano Series:
    Uncle Topolino x 1

Wheel Well Motel Series:
    Sheriff x 1

Retro Radiator Springs Series:
    Sally x 1
    Hank "Halloween" Murphy x 2

Tuners Series:
    Suki x 1

Piston Cup Series:
    Race Tow Truck Tom x 1
    Chick Hicks x 2

Rust-Exe Racing Series:
    Dusty Rust-Eze x 1

WGP Series:
    Lightning McQueen with Racing Wheels x 5
    Francesco Bernoulli x 4

All Cars are listed as Cars - no longer is there a Cars2 cardback... I have been collecting certain characters on every cardback - on this list, I've been collecting all Sally, Sheriff, and Mater... I was originally thinking I'd buy new characters and first singles releases (Suki, Uncle Topolino, J Curby Gremlin, Dusty Rust-Eze)... not sure I am going to be collecting them all.

If this case would have had a Super Chase, I'd have probably ordered it.

I'll try to add more photos later.

Thank you for the great pictures, Earl and Steffanie...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I like the new card back! It is pretty interesting.
    Hmmm, didn't they used to group cars into different categories?
    I remember lenticular was doing that.
    You would have different label and colour telling you this car belongs to what.

One thing i am happy is they get rid of the number!
    is annoying that Mattel never release cars properly and you will find you are short of certain number at your collection.
    By the way, what happened to #36 of cars 2 !! haha

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Suki ...DAM I like those japanese tuner cars,something to look forward to in the new year.

And with CARS 1&2 now becoming 1 line I hope for some new cars 1 models besides the reruns.

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

Not happy. Cardback looks nice but that means now it will be alot harder to differentiate between cars 1 and 2 products.

so that finishes the cars 2 line with no 36 or 47 (i think)

Transformers for Trade
        Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

I do like the case assortment - 5 cars in it that I "need"...

I like the cardback too...

Comment

Suki and j curby are a must though lol

Transformers for Trade

Comment

You're right, wintermelon... there were groupings back in the Night Skyline lenticular series... as I sold almost all my lenticulars at the end of August, I'd forgotten about that... I'll have to check other items later today.

And as far as combining them into 1 line, DeceptiCog72283, Cars2 was not the driving success that Mattel had projected... Cars was popular beyond their wildest expectations... I think it's an attempt to re-capture the magic of Cars... but if case assortments and distribution aren't improved, it's going to be a challenge... Many of us, myself included, want new diecasts from Cars and Cars Toons... If I already have a Car as a single (loose and carded) do I really need it (and in some cases want it) on yet another cardback?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Solid point cac1959.

Ill probably end up buying a bunch of them anyways. Not as fervently as cars 2. The lemon line will be my main wants and anything else that should have been cars 2

Transformers for Trade

Comment

No doubt new cardbacks are tempting. I will still continue to buy them if i can source them even the repeats. I am running out of energy and $$ to keep sourcing them from other places.

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
                  Not happy. Cardback looks nice but that means now it will be alot harder to differentiate between cars 1 and 2 products.

so that finishes the cars 2 line with no 36 or 47 (i think)
                  There will be a 47
                  I think is a Chase car.. was it Fabrizio?
                  By the way, why do you need to differentiate them? Isn't it better that both universe is merged into one?

Comment

My main focus was the cars 2 line lol. Now mixing them together hurts my wallet more.

I think it is the minor case of obsessive compulsive in me. Needing to complete it. If i can get past it, the bright side is that out of that case there are only 4 that I already have lol.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                      You're right, wintermelon... there were groupings back in the Night Skyline lenticular series... as I sold almost all my lenticulars at the end of August, I'd forgotten about that... I'll have to check other items later today.

I think you guys are forgetting all about the Race-O-Rama line with the different colored tickets.

Comment

A combined NINE Lightning's and Francesco's?!??!?!?

REALLY Mattel??!??!!?!

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
                          A combined NINE Lightning's and Francesco's?!??!?!?

REALLY Mattel??!??!!?!
                          I hear this! 9 more peg warmers, but with a new cardback. So now when you are walking up to the Cars section you are going to get excited from a distance to see new cars.... only to find Mcqueen and Francesco! At least it's not Finn... not yet that is

Happy for any new cars though and hopefully the line will be a bit stronger in 2013 with the new changes.

Comment

Originally posted by steffanie175 View Post
                            I hear this! 9 more peg warmers, but with a new cardback. So now when you are walking up to the Cars section you are going to get excited from a distance to see new cars.... only to find Mcqueen and Francesco! At least it's not Finn... not yet that is

Happy for any new cars though and hopefully the line will be a bit stronger in 2013 with the new changes.
                            Any idea when will it hit the store?
                            Yeah, hopefully they won't start packing a total of 8-10 mcqueen, francesco, finn, mater on each case.
                            Eventually it will be 2012 all over again.

Comment

I am excited to see that new Cars are in the case as well as some Cars that have not been released as singles before... those that do not learn from their mistakes are destined to repeat them... Mattel has demonstrated that repeatedly.

The return of Cars from the first movie is great for those who started collecting when Cars 2 came out and want to go back... it's great news for those who started collecting a little after the release of the first movie and missed out on some Cars... I just hope Mattel does not forget about long time collectors who have pretty much everything they want that's been released and are anxious for new Cars, not the same Car on a new cardback.

Comment

Working...
                              X