No announcement yet.

2013 Mainline singles case A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... There's no Chase in the Case. Does that mean Mattel gave up with the whole 'Chase' aspect of the line? I hope they do because it was just an excuse to release only 1 of the Car so they could jam 5 McQueens and Francescos with them.

Although I doubt the Chases are gone since there have been Cases with no Chases.

I absolutely love the new Cardback design. Whoever is in charge of the cardbacks at Mattel really have a knack for making cardback appeal! (The Tokyo 2 Pack scene, Radiator Springs Classics, now this) Let's just hope it influences collectors to buy them ALLL over again....

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
      Hmm... There's no Chase in the Case. Does that mean Mattel gave up with the whole 'Chase' aspect of the line? I hope they do because it was just an excuse to release only 1 of the Car so they could jam 5 McQueens and Francescos with them.

Although I doubt the Chases are gone since there have been Cases with no Chases.

I absolutely love the new Cardback design. Whoever is in charge of the cardbacks at Mattel really have a knack for making cardback appeal! (The Tokyo 2 Pack scene, Radiator Springs Classics, now this) Let's just hope it influences collectors to buy them ALLL over again....
      Chase will still be there! I remember reading they will have tunerz w flame as chase and one of the dance partner for luigi/guido will also be chase. Thats nothing wrong with Chase IMO. I also realised chase car tend to have better quality.

Case assortment is really something Mattel can control. Regardless being a chase or not. Mattel could always pack 1 car into a new case.
      I think the main problem with cars 2 was there wasn't too many diecast for them to split the case out evenly. Of course 1 could argue they could always have more new cars instead of 5 lightning mcqueen.

I can understand why there are always multiple lightning mcqueen but not francesco? Although he is kind of like the chick hicks from Cars 1 but i don't see his impact is that great to share the spotlight with lightning mcqueen on every case.

By the way, they are always getting away with their terrible case assortment? Don't they...
      After all what can we do but complaint? Not as if everyone of us who is reading this will boycott the line. Even yes will only be a few hundred of us boycott the line. Would Mattel feel the sense of urgency when a few hundred collectors decided to stop buying? Nah, i doubt so... I believe only a worldwide total boycott on their product might make them think but we know this is basically not going to happen.

Comment

Just noticing all the numbers in the corners, and thought I'd share this little list I made (couldn't see the numbers on the 2-packs, but saw the edge of the circles).

Festival Italiano (10)
        1. Uncle Topolino
        Lemons (7)
        1. J Curby Gremlin
        2. Vladimir Trunkov
        Maters (6)
        1. Race Team Mater
        Piston Cup (18)
        1. Chick Hicks
        2. Tow Truck Tom
        Retro Radiator Springs (8)
        1. Sally
        2. Hank Halloween Murphy
        Rust Eze Racing (8)
        1. Dusty Rust Eze
        Tuners (10)
        1. Suki
        WGP Series (17)
        1. Lightning Mcqueen
        2. Francesco Bernoulli
        Wheel Well Motel (11)
        1. Sheriff

This would give a total of 103 signle diecasts for this series... thoughts?

Comment

Good eye

Only 7 lemons? That's a shame

Wonder which ones we will see and which will be removed.

Cars 2 line and the new Lemon line:
          J Curby Gremlin
          Vladimir Trunkov
          Petrov Trunkov
          Victor H
          Pacer
          Grem
          Don Crumlin
          Acer with Torch
          Alexander Hugo with Party Hat

2 pack Exclusive Release:
          Tyler Gremlin
          Fred Fisbowski
          Acer with Helmet

Not yet released:
          Tubbs Pacer
          Grem with Weapon

I am sure I am missing some also. Wonder where Miles Axelrod and Professor Z fit in. Or will they be in?
          Last edited by DeceptiCog72283; 11-04-2012, 10:06 PM.

Transformers for Trade
          Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Originally posted by alexlnufc View Post
            Just noticing all the numbers in the corners, and thought I'd share this little list I made (couldn't see the numbers on the 2-packs, but saw the edge of the circles).

Festival Italiano (10)
            1. Uncle Topolino
            Lemons (7)
            1. J Curby Gremlin
            2. Vladimir Trunkov
            Maters (6)
            1. Race Team Mater
            Piston Cup (18)
            1. Chick Hicks
            2. Tow Truck Tom
            Retro Radiator Springs (8)
            1. Sally
            2. Hank Halloween Murphy
            Rust Eze Racing (8)
            1. Dusty Rust Eze
            Tuners (10)
            1. Suki
            WGP Series (17)
            1. Lightning Mcqueen
            2. Francesco Bernoulli
            Wheel Well Motel (11)
            1. Sheriff

This would give a total of 103 signle diecasts for this series... thoughts?

Great eye indeed! I'm sure there will be more though, as they were also in Japan, France, and the United Kingdom. Surely Case B or C will begin to have those subsets and more.

Comment

I can't believe Mater has a category all to himself.

Also worth noting, the Francesco's I have been seing online with this card back have the black base vs the white base from the majority of the cars 2 line.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

How about insead being QTY of characters belong each category but they are numbers to indicate the category .
                However, just a little surprised that Mattel put Mater as no.6 instead of no.1 or 2

Comment

Originally posted by wintermelon View Post
                  How about insead being QTY of characters belong each category but they are numbers to indicate the category .
                  However, just a little surprised that Mattel put Mater as no.6 instead of no.1 or 2
                  we are saying qty ofcharacters because of the way it shows up on the card.

Example, Lightning Mcqueen shiws as 1 and below it is 11.

Francesco 2 and 11 below it.

J Curby Gremlin 1 with 7 below it.

Mater is 1 with 6 below it

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
                    we are saying qty ofcharacters because of the way it shows up on the card.

Example, Lightning Mcqueen shiws as 1 and below it is 11.

Francesco 2 and 11 below it.

J Curby Gremlin 1 with 7 below it.

Mater is 1 with 6 below it
                    Thanks!

Comment

My take is that it is 1 of xx... I know that some of you think that 6 Maters is a lot, but let's go back to Cars...

Mater
                      Blowing Bubbles Mater (Final Lap)
                      1 Eye Mater (Final Lap)
                      Brand New Mater

And from Cars2 we had:
                      Race Team Mater
                      Mater the Bomb (was in a TRU 5 pack, now in a Target 12 pack, and I read somewhere that it would be released as a single).

Think of all the Maters that have been released in the Toon series... and we've had Aviator Mater, Mater Hawk, and Metallic Mater Hawk in the Take Flight series.

One of these days I'll write a multi-part article on Mater...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

6 mater is fine with me. I hope Mattel will be reasonable.
                        For instance i don't understand why Ivan Mater is a Deluxe car
                        It looks more like a regular release. Maybe lovemini can compare for us

I hope one of the many mater will be the drooling mater.
                        The one where mater is sleeping and oil leaks out from his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                          My take is that it is 1 of xx... I know that some of you think that 6 Maters is a lot, but let's go back to Cars...

Mater
                          Blowing Bubbles Mater (Final Lap)
                          1 Eye Mater (Final Lap)
                          Brand New Mater

And from Cars2 we had:
                          Race Team Mater
                          Mater the Bomb (was in a TRU 5 pack, now in a Target 12 pack, and I read somewhere that it would be released as a single).

Think of all the Maters that have been released in the Toon series... and we've had Aviator Mater, Mater Hawk, and Metallic Mater Hawk in the Take Flight series.
                          Don't forget about the chase Maters:
                          -Mater with Hood
                          -Mater with Oil Can
                          -Mater with Lamp

Comment

what could be very interesting in the mater's line is the fact that one of those 6 could be a release of the current sdcc 2012 tokyo washroom mater without the Lights and sounds.
                            Mattel done it with Mystery machine in the Hot Wheels line.

Comment

Working...
                            X