International Traders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Traders

Just out of curiosity, since there are quite a few traders outside of the U.S. and I see the disclaimer of willing/not willing to ship internationally on some posts...What is the main reason for people to not be willing to ship overseas?

Is it the extra postage cost?
    Additional taxes/tariffs that need to be paid?
    U.S. self centeredness/selfishness?
    Just a general hassle?

Originally posted by fongkx View Post
    Just out of curiosity, since there are quite a few traders outside of the U.S. and I see the disclaimer of willing/not willing to ship internationally on some posts...What is the main reason for people to not be willing to ship overseas?

Is it the extra postage cost?
    Additional taxes/tariffs that need to be paid?
    U.S. self centeredness/selfishness?
    Just a general hassle?
    i don't think i know one person that won't ship overseas on here.

Comment

I have shipped many times out of the US... some people will not ship to certain countries - there have been reports that packages going to certain countries might disappear... some people only ship Priority or higher via USPS because you can track packages and you may not be able to via first class mail... there are tariffs that may need to be paid in some countries.

At times shipping from the US to Europe may take 5 to 7 days; at other times, it may take 20 to 40 days... part of it depends on the time of year.

I have received packages from many countries with Cars I otherwise would not have in my collection... I'm grateful for having friends in many countries and continents that help me out as well as my friends in many states in the US.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Well i would have no problem shipping to the US or anywhere else for that matter.

Comment

I think in some instances if you are trading one for one the cost of postage to some countries may not be worth the trade. Sometimes when I purchase from the US from eBay or other sites I prefer to spread the cost of postage across multiple items as it doesn't work out as expensive. Since Im in Oz, alot of people find it expensive to ship here & would prefer to trade for a substantial amount to make postage not seem so bad.

Comment

option 3 !

I have not seen anyone on this site that has said that, but do see it on ebay simply because of the buyer protection thing that ebay has and you really can't get delivery confirmation (proof of shipping) unless you pay alot for international mail, so if you don't trust the person, they can file a claim! Here we have feedback and most know eachother and are glad to help others
            I am jbail10... I am also a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Ive done 5 trades/purchases on this forum and another cats forums.

3 from the states, 1 from the UK and one from France.

All 5 went ridiculously smoooooth. The cost for postage is usually the turn off for buyers. The risk for tracking is the main turn off for sellers.

Transformers for Trade
              Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

I totaly agree with chris,
                I live in belguim and have done allready many trades or nice deals oversea's to the uk, u.s, canada, and many others....
                It's true that the cars here are sometime's more expensive than in other country's (with the euro and high taxes), but the main reason is to help each other out with some difficult cars to find (for example, about 8 weeks ago a was able to find 15 rip launchers, many of them are traded with other car collectors who didn't find any, same story 2 years ago with the europian release of the hard to find brian motor parks and chuck cables. i did the same thing by trading these and that's the only reason i have now more than 500 different cars... it the only way to compleet a collection without paying stupid price's......
                True..... sometime's you have to pay more for shipping or price a piece or you loose a bit of money, but on the other hand you got so many new friends and will be able to share collections and that for me the most important reason to have this hobby!!!

Comment

as a member that lives in the UK, my collection would be no where near as complete without the help of international traders,

i have completed trades from the following countries,

US
                  Australia
                  Belgium
                  Phillipines
                  Signapore
                  Canada

all have gone smoothly with honest shipping prices and great items

examlpe that i recently had, was a fellow member has just gone out his way and purchased 9 new cars from stores in his local area and charged me retail prices and exact shipping costs, with out this kind and thoughtful member i would be paying sky high prices through ebay for these cars.

Aswell as trades i have also sold or brought items from countries around the world

for myself to purchase from overseas is sometimes cheaper than buying direct from the UK

Comment

Working...
                  X