Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Micro Drifters "win or fail" your thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro Drifters "win or fail" your thoughts?

As a newbie to the world of pixar cars, i just wondering what peoples though is on the newish micro drifters, personally i think they are great value compared to the normal 1:55 scale although price from store to store to go up and down ranging from $10 to $20(rip off), as a collector they are a lot easier to pick up in stores.

But the question is will this line last after the second wave that came out the beginning of this year or will it be pushed aside like the other non main line sets????

Because of their smaller scale, you can get better playsets at a lower price point, but as a 1:55 collector, I just didn't want to start another line. Didn't collect Mini-adventures or Action Agents either.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

action agents are just fluff series they looked like they werent anything special same with the mini adventures bit poorly executed. there is something about the micro drifters they seemed to have a strong focus on them. i understand no one wanting to start another line as its a risk.

Comment

I've bought 2 of the 3 packs - I said I wasn't going to collect them because Mattel starts and doesn't finish too many lines (Mini Adventures, Haulers, Pit Row Race-off Launchers, Team sets, team crew sets... I saw the 2013 sets at one Target and bought the Gask-Its 3 pack as I was getting ready to write an article on Gask-Its... I also saw the 3 pack with Transberry Juice at TJ Maxx on Friday for $4.99 and bought it... I might buy the Piston Cup Racer sets

I'd be hesitant to open them and let small children play with them - I think they're a choking hazard.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I'm unsure about them - they look a little too small for me (well my son). I'd like to have a play to see how good they are before committing to buy

Comment

Pass!

Comment

pass for me too
              i like the 1:55 & 1:43 scale cars because they are very detailed
              the micro action agents etc don't look quiet right to me
              no desire to collect them

Comment

I keep looking at them, but then putting them down. I like the Cars 1 racers.
                I only bought some of the mini-adventures that had the trailers as they looked in 1:55 scale.

Comment

Definite win for me, although I'm beginning to get very agitated at the 2013 Case that everyone else is finding. The Micro Drifters pegs are bare but yet there has not been one new Case since around November. It's really ticking me off...

And not at TJ Maxx either.. I got a tip from cac1959 a few days ago to check there but there wasn't a single Cars item in their toy section. Well... there may have been but it was so cluttered I didn't even try looking through all of it.

Comment

I think the size of the would put most parents off but think about it this way if kid plays with Lego that's even smaller. Can't wait for your write up sounds good. But as looking at it as a collector I think Ot great to have a cute version alongside the 1:55 scale and now the fact there are packs out with both bundle which would be more appelling.

I think the unknown question is weather Martel will continue the line in the future or just forget about it but from the few articles on take 5 a day in regards to it going down hill, I think it's more to do with retail being hesitant, not wanting another wall full of Finn submarines

Comment

They are a little pricey at where i am from.
                      I think they cost about 12 USD per pack which is the same as 1:55 Diecast.
                      These seem to sell pretty well compare to rest of the line.
                      The standard 1:55 Diecast don't even sell, i guess everyone from my country has gotten their mcqueen, mater and finn.

So far i have a colossus and gold mcqueen 3 pack. I think that is all i will ever spend into this line.

Comment

Originally posted by wintermelon View Post
                        They are a little pricey at where i am from.
                        I think they cost about 12 USD per pack which is the same as 1:55 Diecast.
                        These seem to sell pretty well compare to rest of the line.
                        The standard 1:55 Diecast don't even sell, i guess everyone from my country has gotten their mcqueen, mater and finn.

So far i have a colossus and gold mcqueen 3 pack. I think that is all i will ever spend into this line.
                        yeah they are roughly 12AUD here aswell seems they are moving more than the diecast too walking into my target all i see is chrome cars full up and hardly any micro drifters.

Comment

All we got was the Colossus Dump Truck.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I have collected the whole line and I kinda regret it. I feel it is doomed to fail inexplicably one of these days and I wouldn't mind that.

Comment

I've really looked at them all that much. I don't even know how much they are around here. I kinda want teh gold mcqueen and Raoul. Might as well add in a few lemons too since those are my favourites lol

Transformers for Trade
                              Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Working...
                              X