Factory defects.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory defects.

Has anyone found factory defects on there cars if so does this increase value or take from it?

If it is still carded maybe ... price wise is subjective ...
    If it is loose then worth nothing

Reading from other threads and it sounds like you are trying to sell your collection.
    Good Luck

Comment

I agree with what wintermelon says about factory defects - carded Cars may be worth a little more depending on the error... Cars missing eyes are a more valuable error than say an error that has the wrong name tag with the cardback and Car.

I was more into errors with Cars from the first movie and the original Toons... I left several errors from Cars2 that were a Submarine Finn McMissile Car and cardback with a Holley Shiftwell with Wings name tag on the shelves... the only Cars2 error Car I have is a carded TRU Metallic Jeff Gorvette with a Lightning McQueen name tag.

There are some Cars sold loose that contain parts from multiple Cars assembled together - Tach O Mint with plastic tires was only released in the Speedway of the South set - but there have been several pieced together with Vitoline wheels/axles and rear window.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

yeah i have that tachomint frankenstein car

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
          yeah i have that tachomint frankenstein car
          I say is a good substitute when the actual one cost a bomb :P
          I am also a proud owner of the frankentachomintstein

Talking about error..
          I remember owning a Milton Calypeer mouth piece Edwin Kranks body car...

Comment

All my cars are loose for they we my son's when first movie came out. I might just sell them but the more I learn about them I might start collecting them. I just don't really know what I have and really want to learn more about the cars. The defect is Dinoco chick hicks with the white lettering on one tire is printed on the bottom not the side.

Comment

Lets not talk about error..
              The Dinoco Chick Hicks was fetching good price few months back but now with the re-release the price will definitely drop.
              I think Cars like Tunerz will fetch decent price but i predict the price might drop when the flame version of Tunerz start hitting the market.
              Lizzie's price is also affected with the fake from Chinese...

You should really check Ebay with the cars you have.. It should give you a good guideline on how much your cars would worth in Loose.
              I usually check the completed listing on bidding for the actual value. Buy It Now is not a good way to gauge how much a car is worth in the open market.
              Some sellers just jack it up...

Comment

Working...
              X