Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No spoilers please - Did you like the movie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spoilers please - Did you like the movie?

I took my wife and 3 grandchildren to see Cars2 this afternoon in Richmond (Indiana)... we ended up seeing it in 3-D even though it was $3 more per ticket because we got there at 4:05 pm - the 3-D show started at 4:15, and the 2-D version started at 4:45 pm.

There were less than 100 people in the theater...

All 5 of us liked the movie... It was my first time to see a movie in 3-D.

I may see it again before it comes out on Blu-ray/DVD (November 9, I believe)...

And it definitely increased my enthusiasm for the diecast Cars.

Let us know - did you like the movie?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

hope to pick up tickets for wednesday afternoon first showing tomorrow

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

In a nutshell: I thought it was decent enough, but pales in comparison to the first.

Comment

Shouldn't try to compare Cars 1 and Cars 2. Pixar set out to make a completely different movie this time around. I think they succeded in doing exactly that. This was the type of movie these guys have always wanted to make because it is fun. With the success they have had lately, who was going to tell them no? People keep trying to compare Cars 2 with Cars 1. Don't do it. Cars 2 just took a concept of a world with living automobiles and some of the same characters from the first film and created a totally new and different film then what they had previously done before. Think about it, would you really just want to go to the theatre and just watch the same type of film as Cars 1? Not me. I have watched Cars 1 a hundred times with my kids and I was ready for something different. Cars 2 did not dissappoint us at all. I hope "Planes" is just as different next year.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Yeah thanks, I get it. I didn't want the same movie either- and I don't begrudge them the chance to make the movie they wanted to make. I assume that every one of their movies were ones they wanted to make. The spy movie idea was a cool one, it was the execution that was lacking, in my opinion. It just wasn't as good of a movie as the original Cars, nor most of the other Pixar movies for that matter. Once again, that's just my opinion.

Comment

Just giving my opinion too, sodabear. Nothing personal. Sorry if I sounded begrudging, I can be a curmudgeon sometimes...

Comment

Ah, back atcha b-jack- sorry if I sounded a little snippy. I just really wish I liked the movie more. Hopefully it'll lend itself to repeated viewings.

Comment

Have to agree with Soda.."execution was lacking"

...the spy story is hard to follow for kids, some more introduction to some new caracters
                would have helped. A spy movie has to be fast cut these days, but isn't it for kids better
                to have a little simpler story to understand storyline.
                Something like Doc being kidnapped because they wanna take him apart for his engine
                so the bad guys can win the race....Don't know about what your kids view,
                but James Bond is not in his collection yet. So seeing the storyline within the movie
                is not there yet. And the why this and why that kept coming after the movie.

And if this would be the new James Bond I would be disappointed. Of course fun to see,
                and we will get the DVD, no doubt.But not a classic like the Dr No or one of the other earlier JB movies.
                Can't compare the movies as said, but CARS 1 is a better movie overall and would get my vote
                if I would have to choose.

PS

Does anyone know if the regular version has more scenes? Did see some ninja pitty's in one
                of the previews/promo's I thought, but missed those completly in the 3D version.
                Last edited by DaFickser; 07-06-2011, 08:49 PM. Reason: adding picture

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

My 3 year old and I saw it twice. Once on Friday and again on Saturday during the opening weekend. Saw the 2D version but also missed any ninja pitties. Liked it even better the second time. As we were walking out my son asked if we could go back in and watch it again. I had to tell him we need to wait until the DVD comes out. When we got home, he said he was ready to watch the DVD now. That was his first movie in the theatre and now debating on taking him to see Transformers or not. Right now, I'm leaning not because of the two and a half hour running time.

Comment

Working...
                  X