Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Holidays from Radiator Springs (2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Holidays from Radiator Springs (2013)

Look what I found at a western Ohio Meijer store tonight:

The 2013 Holiday Cars... $5.49 each plus tax... not 100% sure of the case contents... there were 11 Cars in the bin.

Snow Day Sally x2
    Decked Out Doc Hudson x1
    Sheriff x1
    Christmas Cruisin Ramone x2
    Holiday Hotshot McQueen x5

All have been released before... but I didn't have Snow Day Sally as a single.

Here are the backs of cards with UPC codes:

I only bought Snow Day Sally and Decked Out Doc Hudson tonight.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Can't wait to get these cars as I wasn't collecting during the previous releases of them...no Meijer here though

Comment

Originally posted by gtommec3 View Post
      Can't wait to get these cars as I wasn't collecting during the previous releases of them...no Meijer here though
      Ditto...on both comments.

Comment

Cool find Chris, i have found them in germany too about a week ago and took Sally and Sheriff at home.
        Could you please check if Sally is a unibody car, because Met on T5AD wrote that she is and always was a unibody car. I have one loose (that i have bought about two years ago) and 2 on card (same version as shown on your picture) but mine are all two part version and not unibody Sallys. thanks

Comment

Great finds

Comment

Originally posted by keonisdad View Post
            Cool find Chris, i have found them in germany too about a week ago and took Sally and Sheriff at home.
            Could you please check if Sally is a unibody car, because Met on T5AD wrote that she is and always was a unibody car. I have one loose (that i have bought about two years ago) and 2 on card (same version as shown on your picture) but mine are all two part version and not unibody Sallys. thanks
            Glad to know that you found them in Germany, Markus... these great Cars need to be available to Cars-a-holics everywhere.

Both of the ones I purchased last night are definitely 2 piece - they are not unibody... the one in the 6 Car boxed set from a few years ago is also 2 piece.

And to those of you who don't have Meijer stores (very likely as Meijer is only in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky)... Christmas singles last appeared in 2011... I found them at both Meijer and Target back then - Target was cheaper... I looked at one Target last night but didn't find them... it didn't look like they'd set out all the Christmas items yet... at Target they are in with the Christmas items and not with the Cars in Toys.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

thank you Chris, glad to hear that. Therefore Met was wrong with the unibody Sally.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                at Target they are in with the Christmas items and not with the Cars in Toys.
                Ah...good to know. I'll keep an eye out as they transition the big Halloween area into all Christmas stuff.

Comment

... at Target they are in with the Christmas items and not with the Cars in Toys.
                  Thanks for that!!! I would have never found them.

Comment

And you may also want to check Toys R US for the Christmas Cars... TRU has had singles and boxed sets of Christmas Cars in the past... you can see photos of Christmas Cars and read more about them at the following article:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ight=Christmas

Comment

Your link isn't working for me.
                      Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

And you may also want to check Toys R US for the Christmas Cars... TRU has had singles and boxed sets of Christmas Cars in the past... you can see photos of Christmas Cars and read more about them at the following article:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ight=Christmas
                        you must have been in admin mode when you copied this link as it thinks I want to edit the post

Comment

Not sure why the link isn't working for everyone... it's working for me in Firefox both as me and with a regular user account that I have.

EDIT - Update - not working in Internet Explorer for my regular user account.

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...like-Christmas

If you go to the Articles section, keep going through the pages and you will find it.

Comment

vBulletin Message
                            CarsSpain, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                            If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This is the message I get

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having trouble with the link to the Article...

Try the link in reply #13... it worked for my regular user account.

If not, I will try to work something else out by the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X