Hudson Hornet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hudson Hornet

Was cleaning the boys' room and noticed they had 2 Hudson Hornets, but the rims were different colors, I know I got them one from TRU RSC Classics for Christmas in 2012...not sure where the other one is from...

The red rimmed one is a variant that was released in 2009ish in the Supercharged series. One had white rims, the other red rims. I have both...the red-rimmed is more rare. The white rims is the RSC that you bought. The red is the original from 2009. Hope that helped.
    -Steve
    AKA Tmremote

Comment

I thought it was the other way around, Tmremote.
      Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

yes the silver rims were the first ones release and are the rarer of the two

Comment

ksammut knows if you look at his avatar picture that's the rare one

Comment

Thanks for the info guys...the white rims must've been from a used lot purchase from craigslist a while back, just hadn't noticed before...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

The white rims are from late-2006 / early-2007, not 2009.

Comment

Whoops, just looked on the rsc card one, it has red rims...I thought silver rimmed was released in that line, not red. Making the silver rims more rarer as you guys said. And if my memory serves me correctly, originally when the Supercharged versions first came out, white rims was the rare one...hard to remember those golden days.

So KK&PP had bought the red rimmed from RSC and the white rimmed is from the craigslist lot as he said.
                -Steve
                AKA Tmremote

Comment

Okay maybe I have silver rims and red rims then. I didn't notice there was a white rim as well. His picture looks like the silver rim to me.

Comment

White is silver, and silver is white -- same difference.

Comment

Yeah what he said..lol. The actual wheels are white but the rims are silver.
                      -Steve
                      AKA Tmremote

Comment

Fabulous Hudson Hornet with silver rims was one of the first Cars to be retired... they realized he should have had red rims and released him with red rims in other series... I should write an article on Doc Hudson/Fabulous Hudson Hornet one of these days.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

On a similar note to my initial post, found this today...

Comment

That is Dirt Track Doc Hudson. He was only available during the WOC series as part of a 3-Pack.
                            Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Yeah, ksammut is right. Pretty rare car. I sold tons of those three-packs a couple years ago...worth some good money. All gone now though.
                              -Steve
                              AKA Tmremote

Comment

Working...
                              X