Cars Quick Changers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars Quick Changers

Stopped at Walmart this morning after taking my son to work... the Cars cube was gone... I was very disappointed in the selection... everything was old product... and then out of the corner of my eye I saw something new on the top shelf... Cars Quick Changers... There were 12 on the shelf (a case of 12 perhaps) - 4 Lightning McQueen with Crash Damage, 2 Mater with Wasabi Tongue, 3 Nigel Gearsley with Crash Damage, and 3 Finn McMissile with Karate Wheels... I took them to the price scanner - it reported see Team Associate for help... I found a team member - they were $5.97 each... I bought one of each.

They transform... I imagine my grandsons will like that as they are playing with Transformers a lot now and not Cars.

Here are some photos from my new cell phone which I got last night:

Nigel Gearsley with Crash Damage and Lightning McQueen with Crash Damage:

Nigel (cardback):

Finn McMissile with Karate Wheels and Mater with Wasabi Tongue:

Mater (cardback):

I'll open them up and take some photos later... not sure how much they transform... it looks like new eye and mouth features for McQueen.
    Last edited by cac1959; 12-06-2011, 02:37 PM.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Neat, but it kind of looks like a stretch. Plus, I don't think McQueen ever crashes in the movie. It was out of range!

It's a conspiracy, man.

Comment

I like the idea, but will stick to the regular cars...

Nice find though Chris - we may get these int he UK in about 6 months!!!

Comment

Going to bump this back to the top... I had to go near Cincinnati (Ohio) today for work... made a couple of stops... I found these at one Target store... Quick Changers Spy series... 5 new ones... I took photos using my iPhone... but I didn't buy them.

Holley with pop-out wings:

Acer with weapons:

Mater with wings (not sure Mater ever has wings in Cars2):

Finn with pop-out hydrofoil:

Finn with weapons:

Here's Holley's cardback:

$6.99 each plus tax... I liked these better than the first 4... but I'm done with Quick Changers... and it felt pretty good to see something new and say "No, I'm not going to buy those".

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I'm only buying the Acer if I ever see him. The couple of Pegs at my Wal-Mart are so clogged with the first few Cases that I highly doubt I will ever see these.

I thought the Quick Changers were cool, but the "I'm double-jointed!" Francesco and Pop Out Tongue McQueen pretty much ruined it for me. I have the first 6, but Acer is probably going to be the last one I buy.

Comment

found acer and finn changers in asda direct this morning

Comment

I found 3 new Quick Changers at Meijer this evening that I hadn't seen before... I left them on the pegs:

Rod Torque Redline, Acer, and Professor Z:

Rod:

Acer:

Professor Z - larger than the diecast, looks to be the same size as the Lights and Sounds version:

Cardback:

In my opinion, they should have released these before the racers with crash damage.

Comment

The first wave of Quick Changers defnintely killed the line... not surprised or sad to possibly be seeing them go. Not a single Quick Changer has been sold since the Cases were filled to the brim with the first wave at my Walmart, so I haven't seen anything newer.

Comment

i have two quick changer crabby the boat and the finn come along with oil rig set

Comment

I saw those about a month ago in Walmart. The Rod and Acer were tempting, but not the price. I will wait for the mainline diecast releases of the Lemons with weapons. Also don't remember Rod with anything more than a pistol in the movie.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

first lot of quick changers are down to 2.99 in smyths, only found the 2 mcqs and wasabi mater

Comment

Working...
                      X