X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The return of Cars 1 singles - TRU exclusive

Exciting news posted by Metroxing on TakeFiveADay.com today:

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2012/04/...-im-back-baby/

TRU has signed up to be an exclusive retailer for Cars singles... it may be Christmas time... but here's a list of 16 Cars to be released as singles:

Lightning McQueen
    Radiator Springs McQueen
    Ramone (Purple)
    Flo
    Tex Dinoco
    Fabulous Hudson Hornet
    Mater
    Sheriff
    Ron Hover
    Chick Hicks
    The King
    Dexter Hoover
    Shiny Wax
    N2O Cola
    Octane Gain
    Lil Torquey Pistons

I would really like to see the return of Cars singles and multi-packs.

Of the above Cars, N2O Cola, Octane Gain,Lil Torquey Pistons, and Flo were never released as singles with fixed eyes and plastic tires... Flo was always in a 2 pack or boxed set until released as a lenticular... Shiny Wax was a Kmart 1 single... the other 3 racers were released as Lightyear launchers and Kmart racers with rubber tires... Octane Gain was released as a Pit Race-off launcher on WOC cardback... N2O Cola was also a TRU promo release after the Sidewall Shine promo.

Now if they'd only release Tach O Mint with plastic tires.

There are also 3 packs and 10 packs on the list... Hopefully we'll see the return of these and other Cars and Cars Toon diecast vehicles soon.

TRU has announced and canceled Cars releases in the past... the Gask-Its and Tach O Mint promos come to mind...
    Last edited by cac1959; 04-11-2012, 01:25 PM.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

You've just beaten me to this Chris...

Will be good to see these back... now if only they were lenticulars...!!!

I do hope to see the re-release of certain cars that I missed out on.. But then again, this is TRU (does this only apply to the US too?) so may not actually happen!

This could pose a dilemma - do I try to get a completed set of painted eye cars???

Comment

The boys are back in town...

Comment

I really hope this happens but im sure if it did it wouldnt last long

Comment

There's a few peg warmers there, shame Lizzie wasn't included. I'd like to see Tractor re-released as well.

Comment

if they get the case assortments right, they'll sell well

Chances are that they wont though!!!

Comment

And in a new post today, Met mentions that it appears that the Flo's V8 Cafe playset will make a return as well... I really liked the 4 original TRU playsets... I'd like to see playsets of the same quality for other Radiator Springs buildings, including the Courthouse, Doc's, Mater's Tow Yard, the Cozy Cone, and even the other vacant buildings.

I see Mattel re-releasing Lizzie, Sally, and the Tractor in boxed sets - many people will buy a 5, 7, or 10 pack to get Lizzie or Sally or Tractor.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                And in a new post today, Met mentions that it appears that the Flo's V8 Cafe playset will make a return as well... I really liked the 4 original TRU playsets... I'd like to see playsets of the same quality for other Radiator Springs buildings, including the Courthouse, Doc's, Mater's Tow Yard, the Cozy Cone, and even the other vacant buildings.

I see Mattel re-releasing Lizzie, Sally, and the Tractor in boxed sets - many people will buy a 5, 7, or 10 pack to get Lizzie or Sally or Tractor.
                i'm one of them

Comment

Originally posted by djjd21 View Post
                  i'm one of them
                  Me too... but everyone probably knew that already...

Comment

Working...
                  X