US reset - coming this Sunday (April 22)? Not yet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US reset - coming this Sunday (April 22)? Not yet

According to some of my friends with sources, the Cars reset in the US is this Sunday, April 22... another one has told me May 12... Anyway...

Are you going to do anything differently this Sunday? I will probably attend church on Saturday night and hit the stores Sunday morning... I may go ahead and make a trip to Dayton in search of Cars... I'll start at the local Meijer and Walmart first... and then head east... If I make my full Dayton circuit, I'll have 175 miles in buy the time I get home... hopefully it won't be a wasted trip.

What am I looking for? New Deluxe Cars (Funny Car Mater)... any new haulers from Cars (possibly some I already have that could be turned into customs)... a carded Russ Gremlin and Chase Security Guard (on US cardback)... I've got the new Movie Moments coming from UK friends, so I'm not sure I'll buy those if I see them... Other new Cars2 singles that haven't been released yet... If TRU has some of the new Cars singles I may buy some of them, but not all of them at the $4.99 price...

If I see Rip Clutchgoneski only in a TRU 11 pack, I'll probably complain about having to buy 10 repeats, but I'll still get it... and if I see any more of the Metallic Finish racers at TRU (still only released McQueen, Jeff, and Nigel), I'll get those.

If you live in the US, what are your plans for Sunday? Or will you wait and hear that others have found new Cars diecasts before going out to hunt?

And for those of you in the UK, are new singles and movie moments turning up in stores? Or are they still basically only online at Amazon?

Let us know...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Wish you happy cars hunting should you deceide to venture round looking for cars

We wont be upto much on sunday, maybe bootsale if weather is fine but at the moment it is currently hail stone so not looking good

Theres no new cars in our stores that i know of. Ive been up motorway to Swindon today and it was very poor for anything cars related. Disney store had very little and said theyve not had any new cars stuff for few weeks now. Toys r us was also very poor, had some of the christmas cars but not the christmas sally which we still need.

Overall very dissapointing, Luckily we had to go up there for other reasons as it would of been a wasted journey otherwise.

Comment

Hopefully not nursing a hangover on Sunday, but may well be as going to a wedding on Saturday night and will be childless...

Probably no hunting for me - still no sign of anything new around.

Hope that you guys int he US do get a good reset then there may be hope for us over here...

Comment

No sign of any new Cars at any of the local stores I stopped at... so I decided not to go to Dayton or Indianapolis to look.

I did find a flash attachment for my Nikon D50 camera that I think is going to help me out quite a bit when it comes to taking pictures of my collection... Here's a shot that was taken in the dark using just the new flash for light:

As far as the US Cars reset goes, one of my friends told me she heard Mattel was going to start shipping to stores and resellers after April 22... another one told me that it would be May 12 before new Cars would be in stores... When it's been over 4 months, what's another 3 weeks? (answer - 21 days)
        Last edited by cac1959; 04-22-2012, 10:03 PM.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

From what I've heard there was nothing put out. Not one thing anywhere around the country. I'm glad I didn't run out and hunt with my hopes up and everything.

Comment

Nothing new in the various stores near me. Dry of anything new. Shelves flooded still with Finn, Lightning, Mater still.
            Last edited by FirefighterUK; 04-23-2012, 11:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Nothing new in the various stores near me. Dry of anything new. Shelves flooded still with Finn, Lightning, Mater still.

Comment

Still no sign of a US reset... I still hear May 12 from 2 different sources but keep hoping that some stores will put new stock out early like what happened a year ago...

A friend in Singapore did find the new Becky Wheelin (Mini Cooper with checkered roof), Victor Hugo, and Vladimir Trunkov singles this week... he also found a set of the 3 new Deluxe Cars (Funny Car Mater, The Queen, and Kimura) for me and they are on their way...

Sometimes waiting for something is a good thing... but in this case, I'm not sure that the delay in producing new Cars is going to turn out to be a good thing... a lot of people have moved on to other things.

Comment

Working...
                X