Important Announcement from Team PCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Announcement from Team PCD

I wanted to bring up something that came up recently in one of our Anniversary Celebration contests concerning the Facebook page/contest... there almost wasn't an anniversary... let me explain...

Rippers founded this site a year ago... in addition to the time it took to create the site, he paid for a year's hosting fees and the domain name as well as for an additional license for the software used to run the site... He paid for those out of his pocket... a week before the hosting and domain registration fees came due, he notified his moderator team (MrBrownstone, pirelliboy, and me) that fees for the coming year were coming due and he didn't have the money to cover the fees for upcoming year... We talked and MrBrownstone and I decided we'd split the hosting fee for the upcoming year... and then I learned we had to also cover the domain fee... the two of us paid for those fees which will take us through the end of April 2013... there wasn't time to get the word out and ask for contributions/donations from members this year.

My wife thought I was crazy to take over the site but then she thinks my Cars addiction is crazy... she's probably right...

MrBrownstone, pirelliboy, and I talked about adding new members to our Moderator team; Peter McQueen graciously accepted the invitation... we have 2 additional friends/members who will hopefully be joining us as moderators shortly...

The management team at PixarCarsDiecast.com was talking about ways that we could increase traffic to the site... Peter suggested a Facebook page as a way to get more people to learn about our site... in the few weeks that the page has been up, we have more new members and more active members... I'm sure some of our new members saw us on Facebook first.

We're not about to go strictly to Facebook; prior to launching the page I might have checked Facebook once a week... now I've been trying to log into Facebook once a day although work has been very busy the last few weeks and I've started treatment for high blood pressure and cholesterol (and it's not strictly due to a lack of new Cars from Mattel).

The Facebook contest is just one of several contests we have going on as we celebrate our first anniversary... had MrBrownstone, pirelliboy, Peter, and I not stepped up when we did and funded the site for the next year to the tune of 59.98 GBP (pounds) or approximately $95.50, PCD could very well have come to an end on May 1... I also had to upgrade my Photobucket account to Photobucket Pro as I exceeded my bandwidth due to the number of pictures I've been taking and uploading... it's been tough not finding new Cars in stores... but none of us were willing to let the site go dark... and thanks to several of you stepping up and offering great donations to use as prizes for these and other upcoming contests and contributing posts and photos, I sense you were not wanting to see the site go dark either... Thank you for your support.

Hopefully we'll see new Cars in stores soon; it may end up being the Kmart Cars Collector Event Day 8 on June 16 here in the US the way things are going... But once we find new Cars in stores I feel we'll have more people finding Cars, posting their findings and pictures of what they've found, what they are looking for, and what they have available to trade...

If you can't use Facebook, we understand... www.pixarcarsdiecast.com is our main source of sharing information and our love of Cars... we just want people to know about our site, come to our site, become members, and share with you, our community of Cars lovers.

In all likelihood we are going to ask for donations to help cover the costs of running the site before they come due next spring... if 20 people each contribute $5.00, we've got the hosting fees and domain registration fees covered for the year... we intend to run contests with prizes every 3 months or so...

Finding new Cars in a store is a great feeling to Cars collectors but due to distribution and case assortments it isn't always possible... if I can't find them myself but have friends that can, I take advantage of those friendships that I've built over the 4 years that I've been actively involved in Cars collecting.

We want PixarCarsDiecast.com to become bigger and better, a more valuable resource to you as you add to your collections... we're trying new ways to do that... let's be positive, together, that we're going to do that... let's avoid the negativity that comes up from time to time.

Many thanks,

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I think what you all have done to keep the site going is great!

Another way to help with running costs in the future is to set up like a membership scheme. The payment for being a member could go towards fees/prizes for contests etc. If it were a anual fee im sure true fans/collectors etc wouldnt mind helping out and in return is the chance to not only make the most of the site but also chances of winning prizes

Keep up the good work guys!!

Comment

Just to confirm the intentions for out facebook page..... It's there as an advertisement tool for our main www.pixarcarsdiecast.com site which is and always will be our home. Most companies and organisations have a facebook presence so I think we should too.

The idea of a competition on there was to get membership up on the facebook page and to give our members yet another chance to win a prize.

For those members without access to facebook, no news or discussion has been posted on there other than a few members posting a few pictures - which I'm guessing is because people know how to post pictures on facebook but are unsure on how to do it on the main website.

News and discussions / checklists / articles / etc will ALWAYS be posted on the main PCD website

Comment

Thanks for stepping up, you guys. I'd be happy to donate my part to keep PCD going on into the next decade, provided that Mattel puts out new cars for us to discuss, lol...

Comment

I will gladly contribute a few $$ if you need. But I will expect an M in the chat room!

Comment

Lowercase "m"...

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
              I will gladly contribute a few $$ if you need. But I will expect an M in the chat room!
              The M stands for Moderator... there are other symbols that members can use while they are in chat (under chat options)... I don't know if we can create more or not... but I believe you can select one of the available ones that you'd like to use.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I am glad to contribute from my side, just let me know how to do.

Comment

Hi Chris, I will gladly donate $50 to help with the site; I also will donate a custom apple car for you to auction off; all the proceeds can go to the site
                  How do I donate and I will mail you the car to put on eBay

Comment

To those of you who have posted in this thread and/or sent PMs about contributing... "Thank you very much"... as long as Mattel gets us new Cars, we're going to be in great shape...

Many thanks,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                      The M stands for Moderator... there are other symbols that members can use while they are in chat (under chat options)... I don't know if we can create more or not... but I believe you can select one of the available ones that you'd like to use.
                      I know, I was just kidding about being promoted to Moderator. I guess I will keep the little m in Bumper Save.

Comment

Working...
                      X