Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ridiculousness that is my Kohl's toys department, Kohls Westchester, California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ridiculousness that is my Kohl's toys department, Kohls Westchester, California

I just thought I would bring this to the attention of anyone else whom may live in So Cal. If you ever decide to stop in on the Kohls at Westchester please prepare yourself. I have been in this store dozens of times and have never seen the store in any different condition than the following images.
    https://plus.google.com/photos/10866...58113081710001

I have written their customer service today to complain of the issue and see if the corporate office can do anything about it.

I think they look that way across the country! I have 3 in my area and 2 out of the 3 always look like that, the other 1 must have an employee who actually cares and is usually in pretty good shape!

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
      I think they look that way across the country! I have 3 in my area and 2 out of the 3 always look like that, the other 1 must have an employee who actually cares and is usually in pretty good shape!
      That is odd to me, I worked in retail for a while and that would never fly in any of our stores (although not toys). The managers are the ones whom control this, they only need to tell their employees to fix it. Why would the company culture be to let one single area of the store look like a dishevelled thrift store when the rest of the store looks pretty darn nice?

Comment

wow!.. Thats insane, and I'm a type who likes to have things looking... well straightened and organized, I even admit when the "Cars" section is a mess at Walmart, TRU, Target, I straighten it lol I don't care I can't stand a mess like that. I'd have to leave if I saw that, someone should actually care about where they work.
        "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Here is a photo of Kohl's Vice-President of Customer Service, hard at work:

http://www.shaneho.com/2012/11/work-...ou/143706-720/

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
            I think they look that way across the country!
            Every one I've ever visited has looked just like that, as well.

Comment

kids seem to love this place, a big mess with lots of toys, lol.

Comment

mine looks like that too as well as my marshals and TJ Maxx

Comment

Well nonetheless I have written CS at corporate. See if anything comes of it, because I would like to consider that store a source for Cars because of proximity.

Comment

Originally posted by nicholas.alipaz View Post
                    Well nonetheless I have written CS at corporate. See if anything comes of it, because I would like to consider that store a source for Cars because of proximity.
                    maybe you will fair better than I have
                    but I have never found any cars items I needed at my Kohls

Comment

My TJ Maxx's toy section looks absolutely awful, but surprisingly my Kohl's toy section is really neat and well kept. Though it seems like they've finished ordering new Cars for good and have currently been trying to get rid of their Pegwarmers since last Christmas. I haven't been there in over a month but last I checked they weren't selling.

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
                        maybe you will fair better than I have
                        but I have never found any cars items I needed at my Kohls
                        I've only ever seen the lenticulars at the Raleigh/Durham locations, so I crossed them off my list a while ago.

Comment

I have found a few cars there when I visited in the past. Got my Fillmore, Rusteze Dusty, and one other I can't remember. The thing was that I had to sift through "garbage" to find them. One of them was under the display rack even. Kohls even got Luigi's Casa Della Tires playset with 5 diecasts as an exclusive. So I feel it would be in our interests that the stores clean themselves up. Please write Kohl's CS a complaint about your store if you feel that it too is a disaster.

Comment

I have received response from an Executive Correspondence Advisor:
                            ...Your e-mail was forwarded to my attention in the Executive Office of Kohl's for follow up and resolution. As it is my intent to provide our customers with quality service, I appreciate the opportunity to review your concerns.

Clean stores are a vital part of Kohl's marketing strategy and the overall appearance of the store should be a high priority for associates and management on a daily basis. Associates are expected to regularly check the general sales floor, fitting rooms, POS register area, and restrooms to ensure that they are clean and orderly for the use of our customers. I apologize that this was not represented when you visited the toy department in our Westchester store. Your feedback is important to us and I have forwarded your concerns to the Store Management Team for their internal review and resolution. I am sorry for any disappointment and inconvenience that this matter may have caused you...
                            Seems fairly canned and not completely sure anything will change. I responded by sending them the photos.

Comment

I received response to my email I sent yesterday:
                              ...Thank you for your follow-up e-mail. We make every effort to ensure that all customers are able to shop comfortably, to have access to their favorite departments and to shop without inconvenience. I regret to learn of the unpleasant shopping environment you experienced in our store. E-mails such as yours serve as a vital tool in assisting us to improve our customer's experiences. I will forward your photos, and follow up with the Store Manager to ensure that this matter does not occur again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at [number] with any further questions or concerns. We look forward to serving you again...
                              Seems something might be done. I will see how it goes and if there is any continuous difference in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X