Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14.95 for 1, a tenner for 2, could go halfers on this ru5ty, would have bought em the other day but just spent 80 quid on a new pair of trainers and a fiver on a beezer f1 book by a kiwi who worked for cooper, brabham and mclaren, a flippin great find

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
      14.95 for 1, a tenner for 2, could go halfers on this ru5ty, would have bought em the other day but just spent 80 quid on a new pair of trainers and a fiver on a beezer f1 book by a kiwi who worked for cooper, brabham and mclaren, a flippin great find
      Very happy for you on your treasure find... that should keep you quite for a while.lol
      i'll pick two of those mcqueens up today...

Comment

• I picked up tubbs pacer this week from my local sainsburys!!!!

Comment

• I just picked up a Deluxe Queen in Toys R Us for £4.99
          Last edited by pirelliboy; 04-18-2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Nice find, pirelliboy... at a great price too... I've never seen The Queen in a store - only saw the case at 1 Walmart 1 time.

Nice find on your Tubbs Pacer, madjen79.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Boogity I got them.... There was an issue @ the till though! The cashier was looking to charge me near £30 bills for these two. got it sorted for two for a tenner, the car itself is pretty sweet and heavy too. The reason the wheels are so clumpy is because their is a motor in the back axel, this allows the car to be wound up in the launcher before release. My son Alex is blistering about on the kitchen floor seeing how fast he can get it to go..... Good playaility, I'd say a fiver well spent.

Comment

• Originally posted by pirelliboy View Post
                I just picked up a Deluxe Queen in Toys R Us for £4.99
                Great score, She's an awesome piece and what a superb price- I paid £6.99 for mine in Smyths and I thought I got a bargin! Way to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by pirelliboy View Post
                  I just picked up a Deluxe Queen in Toys R Us for £4.99
                  i think it's interesting the queen is on the US card and not the international card i would expect to be in the UK

Comment

• [QUOTE=pirelliboy;21310]I just picked up a Deluxe Queen in Toys R Us for £4.99

Its good to see Toys r us are still stocking Deluxe Cars, All we see over here is Hydrofoil Fin (if thats even what he's called)
                    and they've been there from the release of Cars 2 Deluxe range.

Comment

• Originally posted by carslover View Post
                      i think it's interesting the queen is on the US card and not the international card i would expect to be in the UK
                      It's been a bit of a mixed bag with Deluxe versions in the UK. Initially, all were the European international versions but significant overstocks of Finns and then Sumo wrestlers, meant that anything later than Pope Pinion IV ddin't appear until very late last year.

There were only a few Pope Pinion IV on a European card (around September). Towards the end of the year, The Queen / Kimura Kaiso and Funny Car Mater appeared in small numbers at TK Maxx, maybe one or two at a time, not one or two of each, just one or two cars! These were on a European card.

Also towards the end of last year, the early ones (Holley excepted) started to appear in various shops on a US card. Wilkinsons have been getting (old) stock from the US as they get fed up being without stock for long periods, now they are stuck with loads of old US stuff!

At the time Smyths Toy Superstores were getting Cars 2013 standard singles, in February, they started to get The Queen / Kimura Kaiso and Funny Car Mater US versions at knock down prices now even TRU have got in on the act! All our local ones are still overstocked on Finns and wrestlers!

We got The Queen / Kimura Kaiso and Funny Car Mater from the US, thinking that they wouldn't come to the UK but we did get them all from TK Maxx on European cards too!

Taco Mater and Taia Decotura also made a brief appearance through online sellers a few weeks ago.

Note: The European international cards have the names in up to ten languages, whereas the 'other' international cards only have them in four languages. Look at the front of a standard single Chase car, Prince Wheeliam being a good example!

Comment

• that was always gonna happen at the till point
                        Originally posted by Ru5ty View Post
                        Boogity I got them.... There was an issue @ the till though! The cashier was looking to charge me near £30 bills for these two. got it sorted for two for a tenner, the car itself is pretty sweet and heavy too. The reason the wheels are so clumpy is because their is a motor in the back axel, this allows the car to be wound up in the launcher before release. My son Alex is blistering about on the kitchen floor seeing how fast he can get it to go..... Good playaility, I'd say a fiver well spent.

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                          It's been a bit of a mixed bag with Deluxe versions in the UK. Initially, all were the European international versions but significant overstocks of Finns and then Sumo wrestlers, meant that anything later than Pope Pinion IV ddin't appear until very late last year.

There were only a few Pope Pinion IV on a European card (around September). Towards the end of the year, The Queen / Kimura Kaiso and Funny Car Mater appeared in small numbers at TK Maxx, maybe one or two at a time, not one or two of each, just one or two cars! These were on a European card.

Also towards the end of last year, the early ones (Holley excepted) started to appear in various shops on a US card. Wilkinsons have been getting (old) stock from the US as they get fed up being without stock for long periods, now they are stuck with loads of old US stuff!

At the time Smyths Toy Superstores were getting Cars 2013 standard singles, in February, they started to get The Queen / Kimura Kaiso and Funny Car Mater US versions at knock down prices now even TRU have got in on the act! All our local ones are still overstocked on Finns and wrestlers!

We got The Queen / Kimura Kaiso and Funny Car Mater from the US, thinking that they wouldn't come to the UK but we did get them all from TK Maxx on European cards too!

Taco Mater and Taia Decotura also made a brief appearance through online sellers a few weeks ago.

Note: The European international cards have the names in up to ten languages, whereas the 'other' international cards only have them in four languages. Look at the front of a standard single Chase car, Prince Wheeliam being a good example!
                          thanks for the reply
                          very informative

Comment

• ok just got a phone call from my local toys r us.... quick changers just in for £2.99
                            nothing else has come in but thinks this is a good start... fingers crossed
                            i'll post a pic if i head up that way...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ru5ty View Post
                              ok just got a phone call from my local toys r us.... quick changers just in for £2.99
                              nothing else has come in but thinks this is a good start... fingers crossed
                              i'll post a pic if i head up that way...
                              My TRU has had those for the past week. Hopefully the Queen Deluxe cases will be in soon at £4.99 plus Lights & Sounds are £4.99.

Last edited by pirelliboy; 04-19-2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Nice one pirelliboy..... your toys r us store looks very tidy. I found these micro drifters @ asda for £2, they had lego chima 2packs reduced from £15 down to £2 aswell.

Comment

Working...
                                X