Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went to a few Sainsburys and Tescos this evening. All the Sainsburys had recently had the new case (997V?). Most of the cars in all the stores had gone. I did manage to get a Darrell Cartrip and Edwin Kranks though. One store, someone couldn't be bothered to pay for their cars and there was a few open/empty blister packs! One store told me that the deliveries had all come at the end of last week. They also gave me stock levels for all the stores I'm likely to get to in the next few days!

Comment

• We have a second PCD hit on the new case...

Chase Miles Axelrod in hand!!!

Comment

• Great finds, Enzo! Congratulations!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Congrats on the find Enzo! That's 5 more Cars I can't wait to add to my collection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            We have a second PCD hit on the new case...

great find enzo
            i'm hoping they will start showing up in the US soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
              We have a second PCD hit on the new case...

I'm pleased to report that I completed the quintet of new cars from this case. A local Sainsburys store looked on their computer and told me that the Kilburn, London had 58 cars in stcok! Kilburn was on my way to Wembley, so I thought I'd give it a go!

They didn't have 58 cars, just 17, but there was a full set of the five new cars in there!

Three scores for PCD.

Comment

• Absolutely amazing finds! I have been itching to get my hands on some new castings! I checked the Sainsburys where I live yesterday and no new stock so armed with this fresh intel, I'll check again tonight and if the tub is empty, I'll give customer services a work out. Hopefully they cantell me when the new case is due in. I did go to a big Walmart / Asda in Bristol Tuesday and there was a brand new case on the top shelf. I got excitied and fetched it down only to discover it was a re-pack case completely full of LMQ/ Mater and Finn. I was dissapointed but your news has given me hope and cheered me up no end! Nice finds

Comment

• At the moment, this case, thought to be 997V appears to be exclusive to Sainsburys in the UK. This maybe down to timing; Sainsburys ran out of stock and were in a position to take this case, whilst other retailers weren't in a position. Who knows?

On my travels today, I have been to seven Sainsburys. Five of them have had the case over the last few days. Not suprisingly, the cars have been selling like hot cakes (not the latest album by The Darkness). On more than one occasion, I have seen packs opened and the cars missing!

Hopefully, there will be a the usual number produced of this case, so there will be enough to go around. Given that Miles is the first Chase car, it'll be interesting to see how widespread the case gets and how many there end up being.

The next case, which is probably due shortly, thought to be 997W has the first repeat of Rip Clutchgoneski in it. There are also five new cars including two Chase cars. Three of the cars including both Chase cars are new castings!

Keep your eyes peeled, they could be out within a couple of weeks. Tesco are having a reset, week beginning Monday 10 June, when Planes go on sale. It's possible that new cars will hit Tesco shelves around then?

Comment

• That's a great recap Nigel, as always.

Just out of interest do you know the quantities in each V case? I ask as when I found Miles, there were at least 2 of Mama T, Darrell and Sputter. Is that consistent with just one case or two? I ignored the rest of the cobweb catchers but there were at least 20-30 in total.

*edit* found your post from a while back...

W1938-997W

Rip Clutchgoneski ~ reissue
                    Snot Rod (with Flames)
                    Kabuto ~ reissue
                    Ichigo (Chase)
                    Franchesca (Chase)
                    Vern
                    Victor Paveone

Thank god Snot Rod (the only new car I want there) isn't a chase.
                    Last edited by Enzo; 05-30-2013, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Hi guys, just thought id let you know that I was in my local Debenhams today. now for months they have had the case with Jeff Gorvette, petrov trunkov, rod torque etc. I went in today and the size of the car area had doubled (from 5 pegs to 10) and they were filled with Nitroade, brand new mater, sally, lightning Ramone, Tubbs Pacer, LM with Cone, You da bomb mater, and marlon clutches Mckay - all on the new 2013 packaging. I don't know if anyone bothers checking Debenhams anymore as they don't do much in the way of cars but if you guys are getting dragged around shopping with the enemy - its worth a look. if anyone needs any of the above pm and il see what I can do.

Comment

• last time i looked in bath debenhams that had a few 2012 carded cars (first time since before christmas) including a galloping geargrinder so it'll be interesting to see if 2013 cars appear at some point

had a quick look in a sainsbury's on the edge of bristol today (arnos vale) but nothing except a few lm's and francesco's in there - got someone to check out the back if they had any new stock but no joy

Comment

• International case W1938-997V

FRANCESCO BERNOULLI (3)
                          MILES AXLEROD (with Hood Up) (CHASE) (1)
                          MAX SCHNELL (2)
                          DARRELL CARTRIP (with Headset) (3)
                          RACE TEAM MATER (2)
                          YOU THE BOMB MATER (1)
                          SPUTTER STOP (3)
                          CHARLIE CHECKER (1)
                          MAMA TOPOLINO (2)
                          CACTUS LIGHTNING McQUEEN (3)
                          EDWIN KRANKS (3)

At least one collector has pointed out that there were possibly four Edwin Kranks at one store and he was sure that there was only one case out. It may have been a packing error or maybe that these cars are leaving the shelves so quickly, most of one case and part of another case may already had been sold?

The nearest I've got to seeing a full case is 17 at the Finchley Road, London Sainsburys. They has 58 the previous evening! According to the store finder, this is one of two stores in Kilburn, even though Finchley Road (NW3) is actually in West Hampstead!

International case W1938-997W

RIP CLUTCHGONESKI (1)
                          LEWIS HAMILTON (2)
                          LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Cone) (2)
                          CRUISIN' LIGHTNING McQUEEN (2)
                          SNOT ROD (with Flames) (2)
                          KABUTO (2)
                          ICHIGO (CHASE) (1)
                          RACE TOW TRUCK TOM (1)
                          FLO (1)
                          BODY SHOP RAMONE (Green) (1)
                          SECURITY GUARD FINN McMISSILE (1)
                          GREM (with Weapon) (1)
                          TUBBS PACER (1)
                          FRANCESCA (CHASE) (1)
                          VERN (1)
                          VICTOR PAVEONE (2)
                          BRAND NEW MATER (1)
                          LIGHTNING RAMONE (1)
                          Last edited by niftynigel; 05-30-2013, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• ^^^ Thanks

Guess I hit really lucky then as there definitely wasn't a Charlie Checker, someone obviously nabbed him and left Miles!

Comment

• Great finds everyone, lets hope there is another new case assortment with this one that will turn up soon.

Comment

• managed to land edwin, sputter stop, darrell and mama t at bristol filton sainsburys but no sign if miles

Comment

Working...
                                X