Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Thanks for that Scavenger. I wonder if Rip and francesca was in the box or not. Although its a new case there is alot of repeats again in there

Comment

• 2 things
        1 20% off in smyths today, didnt check sunday however
        2 mad bob has found rip in tescos, dont know why he didnt post it here, maybes hes still in shock!

Comment

• Visited a few supermarkets in Milton keynes today:
          Tesco had nothing new, just the usual peg warmers and silver racers.

Sainsbury's was better, they had Cactus mcqueen, You the bomb mater , Sputter stop , Mama Topolino , Miles axelrod with open hood ,Edwin Kranks plus the usual older selection.
          My Trader feedback thread:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...5-Rob-Feedback

Comment

• IMG_1334.jpg

Here's what I picked up... found the Acer with torch in WHSmiiths

Comment

• This is what was left on the clip strips in Tescos.

Comment

• came across three boost with flames at cribbs causeway morrisons - grabbed one and left the other two

they also had a jeff gorvette and holly with screen from that case both nothing else

only other find was a lone zed in tru's on the cars shelf

everywhere else was a waste of time - disney store a few finns and maters, tesco the usual crap and smyths around a million mcqueens - though did get some lego in their 20% off everything deal

Comment

• Madbob did they have another j curby

Comment

• No only one but there were about 8 holes. So there might of been 2 at the start.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
                      Madbob did they have another j curby
                      If you needed a J. Curby, I could have dropped one in the box I sent your way yesterday! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by madbob View Post
                        This is what was left on the clip strips in Tescos.

Firstly, great score Madbob! Great news for everyone that Tesco are back on board!

Do you think all the cars shown (and probably the ones missing, which are likely to be new ones) were all from the same case? Similar date stamps would be a clue. I say that because there appear to be Cars that were supposed to be in both 994C and 994D cases, unless some of those shown were left over from slightly older cases and Tesco just put them out on the clipstrip with the new Cars.

I have seen clipstip cases before, but they were 998H, the last Cars 2 case (what's left over, contents vary from case to case). The clipstrip cases had 32 cars on two 16no. clip clipstrips. The cars weren't tightly packed, so I think they may have been able to get another eight or 16 cars in the case.

With Mattel, anything is possible, so they could easily have merged the last two cases 994C and 994D. That would be contrary to the info I have (and posted). That's unlikely as they are *supposed* to have gone out / going out to all major Cars retailers in the usual Mattel *rotational* fashion. Some retailers are supposed to get one case and other retailers the other case. It's only when stocks are dwindling, that the remaining cases could end up anywhere, just to fill shelves.

It may well be that Tesco asked for their allocation to be delivered on clipstrips (less hassle for staff to put the cars on display; no need for a dedicated part of the toy aisle; ability to hang them up anywhere) and there is nothing sinister going on after all? We'll have a better idea when we have other sightings!

With the exception of Ichigo, the UK is *supposed* to get all the remaining standard singles. As so few Ichigo's were produced and distributed, it would be nice (although it's against Mattel policy to put Chase cars in more than one case) for her to be included in the 994C case (says, clutching at straws). Maybe a few 994A cases could still find their way to the UK?
                        Last edited by niftynigel; 09-22-2013, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• found case v in our tescos, dug out a chase miles, cant buy until tomorrow as the shop is closed, was getting worried about restocking as there must be 5 or 6 old sytle clip strips in the warehouse, ggg and the like, dont know why they arent beeing put out

Comment

• Nice finds, madbob and yuffie... I've not seen the Boost with flames case, and have only seen the Nature Drive McQueen case one time at one store.

It is good to see Tescos getting Cars in again... years ago a friend from Cornwall was able to help me out on a regular basis with Cars from Argos and Tescos.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• 'Jorg' stunt racer haulers in Toys R Us. Also all Cars items are buy one get one half price.

Comment

• Thanks to Madbob's tip off I grabbed a Donna, Jonathan, race official Tom and Erick from the same store

Comment

Working...
                                X