Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice finds chaps

Comment

• Had a search around 5 different Tesco stores this evening, no sign of any clip strips.

Popped into Toys rus in Hayes, if anyone needs them they have the radiator springs classic collection versions of Mario A, gold Ramone and Dinoco Chick Hicks.

Comment

• Also I forgot in my basket was a RPM on those Tesco clip strips, I have no idea if they were put up at different times. They both looked new to be as Donna Pitts was on one side of the aisle that had a pair together and the other side had the Alex C. Pleased I could help you with some you needed dp. I have been targeting smaller Tesco's as the Tesco I found them in was a small one. It was not a Tesco Express but it wasn't a med-big one either... no other finds yet.

Comment

• Has anyone been in the uxbridge Tesco? It's a metro same as maidenhead and might be worth a look.

Comment

• I work in Uxbridge so will take a look tomorrow. Never previously found any cars there though.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
              Vandance if they have another chick hicks could you grab one for me please
              I'll pay postage as I can't get hold of one anywhere
              Must be mint on card and sent in a box it will fit into
              Hi MNM, I checked yesterday but no luck with the launchers. The guy said more expected this weekend so I'll pick you one up when I see it.

I found some Cars in Sainsbury's yesterday. Picked up Maurice, Wingo with flames and King. There were 14 cars in the tub so I asked if there was any more stock. The person I asked said she filled the Cars up about an hour before I got there. Not sure what else I missed and no case code available -sorry!

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                Hi MNM, I checked yesterday but no luck with the launchers. The guy said more expected this weekend so I'll pick you one up when I see it.

I found some Cars in Sainsbury's yesterday. Picked up Maurice, Wingo with flames and King. There were 14 cars in the tub so I asked if there was any more stock. The person I asked said she filled the Cars up about an hour before I got there. Not sure what else I missed and no case code available -sorry!
                997Y

BRENT MUSTANGBURGER (with Headphones)
                DAVID HOBBSCAP (with Headset)
                LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Racing Wheels)
                WINGO (with Flames)
                SHERIFF
                THE KING
                FILLMORE
                FINN McMISSILE
                VICTOR H.
                FRANCA
                MAMA TOPOLINO
                VERN
                MAURICE WHEELKS
                YOU THE BOMB MATER
                GRETA BRUCHMAN
                HANK 'HALLOWEEN' MURPHY

Comment

• Thank you Nigel, I couldn't believe 10 cars had sold in an hour, bearing in mind this store is relatively small. I had been casing the joint for weeks and checking Cars stock on a daily basis so I was gutted that I lucked out! Thanks for the list, I will try and be first next time to open the box!

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                    Thank you Nigel, I couldn't believe 10 cars had sold in an hour, bearing in mind this store is relatively small. I had been casing the joint for weeks and checking Cars stock on a daily basis so I was gutted that I lucked out! Thanks for the list, I will try and be first next time to open the box!
                    I've had that a few times. Some you win, some you lose. (Shrugs shoulders)!

It would appear that Sainsburys is the best place to find that case. Disney Stores got the first case (250) at the beginning of July. Sainsburys have had that case alongside 997V and 997W.

From my calculations, there have only been about 1,000 997Y cases and about 500 997W cases. Sainsburys have had roughly half of both cases. They may continue to get more of them, especially 997W as Francesca is still extremely rare in the UK.

If Mattel produced and orded exactly the same amount of each case, I think things would be better, maybe not perfect, but at least give more people, especially away from the Home Counties a better chance to get everything.

I think the UK market is big enough to sustain an equal amount of each case, unless they throw a spanner in the works, like a full compliment of old 996Y cases or significant overstocks of Silver Racers!

Comment

• Following on from yesterday, there are no cars in Tesco Uxbridge

Comment

• Hi guys, I'm new to this site only recently started collecting with my son. Usually only been going to toys r us until I come across this forum. Went to Morrison's in cribbs causeway today and found 4 cars I have never seen in any shop before I found mark wheelsen, Holley with visor, Donna pits and RPM NO 64. This is the first time iv been there hunting for any cars will defiantly be going back.

Comment

• Welcome to the site congrats on your recent find, morrisons is one of few shops stocking new cars of late. They are definitely worth checking on a regular thing

Comment

• Originally posted by Drtbrfc View Post
                            Hi guys, I'm new to this site only recently started collecting with my son. Usually only been going to toys r us until I come across this forum. Went to Morrison's in cribbs causeway today and found 4 cars I have never seen in any shop before I found mark wheelsen, Holley with visor, Donna pits and RPM NO 64. This is the first time iv been there hunting for any cars will defiantly be going back.
                            morrisons is definitely the most likely place to find cars in cribbs causeway - i found three boost with flames there on sunday and the holley - i guess they may not have put the rest of the case out at that time - i was tempted to ask but didn't really have the time

everywhere else over their is normally a waste of time, especially the tesco metro, where i have never seen anything apart fom 2012 stock and silver racers

Comment

• Originally posted by foxrfc View Post
                              Following on from yesterday, there are no cars in Tesco Uxbridge
                              Shame, thanks for looking and satisfying my curiosity

Comment

• After lots of searching the local area for last few weeks I had lost faith in finding any more cars I wanted on the shelf.
                                Went into local Tesco metro on Monday morning to have a look. They have the odd clip strip and seem to move them round the store and its a challenge to find them sometimes if they do have them. Eventually found 2 Mcqueens on shelf and was about to continue shopping when assistant came and started to tidy shelf.
                                I asked if they had any elsewhere in store and she said she was about to put some out.

I instantly asked to have a look more in hope than expectation.
                                It was a large thin box (not normal size case) and when opened it contained 2 clip strips.

To my astonishment there was a Petey Pacer!
                                After the initial astonishment I noticed there was also an Alex Carvill

and then, could it be - yes it was RIP

Good job no one else was nearby as I was initially in shock and they could have taken them and gone.

Helped myself to those 3, left another RIP and Alex Carvill

Comment

Working...
                                X