Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks as if it was c then, didnt see rip...........

Comment

• Originally posted by daul_p View Post
      Wasn't sure where to put this, but I found a UK based ebay seller who has a few Cartney Brakin's available at £8.49 each which seems a fairly sensible price for him.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disney-Pix...item43c04223bd
      Yeah, he's now put the price back up to 11.99 after selling a few.

Comment

• Tesco Extra stores are now starting to stock the '994C' case. At least eight Extra stores in my area have had them in the last few days, even though they have plenty of silver racers and other old cars in stock.

Because the new cars have been delivered to stores for display on clipstrips, many have sold almost as soon as they have been put out. Each store has had just one case so far.

I did manage to get a Nature Drive Lightning McQueen at one store, but all the other new and rarer cars had gone at all the stores!

Comment

• In a backwater WHSmith...

Comment

• Did they just have Mcqueens Enzo? It seems a few people have found old lenti's in Smiths now.

Comment

• the thing is those lentys have been stuck in the stockrooms all this time, they must have had a stocktake or a new manager who got them brought down
              the other thing is 4.99 was expensive at the time and thats why they didnt sell
              whs are a pack of... and I dislike them intensely especially the ones in the airports who are a bunch of rip off merchants, still at least when you buy a paper or a mag they cant mark them up, but like ryan air and the like i,m sure theyve tried (allegedly)

on a more positive note bought meself a nice little pack of planes top trumps in tescos

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                Tesco Extra stores are now starting to stock the '994C' case. At least eight Extra stores in my area have had them in the last few days, even though they have plenty of silver racers and other old cars in stock.

Because the new cars have been delivered to stores for display on clipstrips, many have sold almost as soon as they have been put out. Each store has had just one case so far.

I did manage to get a Nature Drive Lightning McQueen at one store, but all the other new and rarer cars had gone at all the stores!
                I've finished the tour of the Tesco Extra stores in my area. It's a bit of a mixed bag, but I can confirm that they have NOT had the 994C case but ...

... There appear to be three W2325-8500/8502/85?? 'Cars 2 Clipstrip Assortment' cases appearing at Tesco. They are called Cars 2 but they are actually 2013 carded Cars.

W2325-8502 is similar to case 994A/B. It has three Mark Wheelsen, three Boost, three Snot Rod with flames, two Luigi/Guido with shakers, Holley, Dusty, Cactus, Miguel, Jeff, Shu, RPM, Marlon. There was one car missing. I hope it was Ichigo!?

W2325-8500 is similar to case 994C. I haven't seen a full case as each time I've seen one, the new cars have all gone!

W2325-85?? is a bit of an lucky dip. There were remnants of all previous cases, with cars produced at the end of 2012 to quite recent, so maybe anything could be in that case?

It's quite obvious that Tesco has opted not to receive any more regular cases for the remainder of the 2013 series. I guess that once the clipstrips are sold out, they can put what's left on the shelf, including silver racers on the clipstrips and sell them that way.

The clipstrip cases only surface when Mattel (and a willing participant) wants to get rid of all remaining stocks.

My guess is that these weren't planned to be in store just yet, but Tesco requested them. Mattel obliged.

Who is getting the real 994C and 994D cases. A few Disney Stores have had a few 994C. They'll probably get both?

If Morrisons and Sainburys ever sell out their current 997V/W/Y cases, you can bet they will do too.

ASDA and Wilkinsons have just got a load of old US stock from a third party. I saw a V2796-989L case in ASDA. Plenty of shelfwarmers in there! Wilko have more V2796-999F cases! Even more Finns!

Comment

• Went to my local TRU this morning, and have never seen the selves so well stocked for Cars-probably because everything is on buy one get one half price! Although absolutely nothing new, there are some good ones though, I took as many pictures as my son would let me (we had picked our purchases and he just wanted to get home to play!). Other than the huge amount of bug teeth McQueen etc that usually fill the shelves, they had all of the ones shown plus lots of Kimura Kaizo, Funny Car Mater, The Queen etc and I've never seen any Luigi & Guido or Mama & Uncle Topolino sets in stores here before! Pretty chuffed with our buys (bottom picture) even though we already had a few, we replaced a couple of well played ones with chips for fresh ones! Good day!photo 1.jpgphoto 2(1).jpgphoto(2107).jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshuasmummy View Post
                    Went to my local TRU this morning, and have never seen the selves so well stocked for Cars-probably because everything is on buy one get one half price! Although absolutely nothing new, there are some good ones though, I took as many pictures as my son would let me (we had picked our purchases and he just wanted to get home to play!). Other than the huge amount of bug teeth McQueen etc that usually fill the shelves, they had all of the ones shown plus lots of Kimura Kaizo, Funny Car Mater, The Queen etc and I've never seen any Luigi & Guido or Mama & Uncle Topolino sets in stores here before! Pretty chuffed with our buys (bottom picture) even though we already had a few, we replaced a couple of well played ones with chips for fresh ones! Good day![ATTACH=CONFIG]3196[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3195[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3194[/ATTACH]
                    Same scene in my local TRU earlier this week, I could not get over the volume of GGG's and Hydraulic Ramones available. There must have been at least 6 of each in what was left of 2 cases!

Comment

• Nice finds in TRU

Comment

• Bought 4 singles in my Tru too. £2.99 each and buy one get one half price.
                        4 singles for £8.97

Comment

• Originally posted by pirelliboy View Post
                          Bought 4 singles in my Tru too. £2.99 each and buy one get one half price.
                          4 singles for £8.97
                          What did you pick up? Any Prince Wheeleham's in the mix? I got a GGG and Trunkov in blue as I only had him on 2013 white card previously. Still hoping to see Sir Harley, Cartney and Fabrizio in one of these older cases soon...!

Comment

• Not a to much in the TRU in cribbs. Same old, did manage to pick a radiator springs Mario Andretti which iv never seen before and a hydraulic ramone. Apart from that they had a lot but all common ones iv seen a lot before.

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                              What did you pick up? Any Prince Wheeleham's in the mix? I got a GGG and Trunkov in blue as I only had him on 2013 white card previously. Still hoping to see Sir Harley, Cartney and Fabrizio in one of these older cases soon...!
                              No.
                              GGG, Rod, Prof Z and Luigi/Guido.
                              Extras for the kids
                              Wheeliam is on the Tru website so hopefully that case will be here soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by pirelliboy View Post
                                Wheeliam is on the Tru website so hopefully that case will be here soon.
                                TRU also have listed Becky W and Officer M too but only for instore. The last TRU i asked in about Cars said they were cutting back to concentrate on Planes, Wonder if it was just a lazy member of staff who couldn't really be bothered to deal with my inquiry Be nice if some of the older ones like Becky turned up again as we missed these last time round

Comment

Working...
                                X