Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Asda are back in the game.
    Found remains of Clip strip in local Asda Living store which up to now had old stock for sometime.

Seems to have been the same strips as the one found in my local tesco metro
    (Eg RIP, Alex Carvill)

Comment

• Forgot to add that the tesco extra across the road didn't have any new stock.

This Tesco also sells disney planes but their shelves were full of Dustys.
      They were receiving boxes of 5 and each box had 4 Dustys!

Comment

• Been to a large Adsa Walmart and nothing new.
        Also popped to TRU and none of the Radiator Springs Cars

Comment

• Had a bit of a tour round today, not much to be found. Abingdon Tesco Extra has case 997-V, otherwise hardly anything that wasn't on a 2012 card anywhere. Toyrus in Reading and Oxford have Radiator Springs Cars, but Reading only has LMQ and the yellow Ramone. Oxford, has those, plus The King, Mater and the purple Ramone.

Did get a talking Miles and Holley Shiftwell however. My local Asda still nothing cars wise, but did have the Planes Ishani Tent sets.

Comment

• Popped to tesco today and they had the same case as sainsburys (helped ourselves to the box off the top shelf) Didn't buy anything from there as we have those. Still no sign of the case with Alex Carvill in our area.

Comment

• TRU in Cribbs Causeway Bristol had some new stock out today. Had Nick Stickers and the King (at £5.49) plus plenty of the porto corso card series at £2.99 (GGG, Vladimir Trunkov, Guido & Luigi). Best selection for some time but no Becky Wheelin.

Comment

• Originally posted by StuartW View Post
                TRU in Cribbs Causeway Bristol had some new stock out today. Had Nick Stickers and the King (at £5.49) plus plenty of the porto corso card series at £2.99 (GGG, Vladimir Trunkov, Guido & Luigi). Best selection for some time but no Becky Wheelin.
                Becky Wheelin' was released in two cases in the US, V2796-998E and V2796-998G, both around June 2012.

Although Becky Wheelin' was officially a Chase car, Mattel broke their rules, firstly she was in two separate cases and there was three of her in each case!

Either she wasn't meant to be a Chase car or that Mattel messed up (they *never* do that) by producing too many or they printed the posters and cards wrong as she wasn't meant to be a Chase car?
                Last edited by niftynigel; 10-07-2013, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• On Tuesday, I finally ended my cars drought! The last cars I purchased in a UK store were Jeff, Boost, RPM, Luigi&Guido/Shaker&Glasses and Mark Wheelsen back on the 30th July! That's nine weeks ago!

On Tuesday, I picked up a Nature Drive McQueen at Tesco.

I picked up Mater, Lil' Torquey Pistons and Nick Stickers at TRU on Friday and to cap a fine week, I picked up Alex Carvill and J. Curby Gremlin at Disney Stores in the London area today.

I did a very rough count of the cars that the various Disney Stores had. None had full cases, so it's difficult to be sure, but I think that the case they has was based on the 994C case, possibly with slightly different contents to the similar clipstrip case that's currently appearing at ASDA and Tesco. I thought I had worked out all 24 cars and that Race Official Tom wasn't one of them, so he could just be appearing in some clipstrip cases for now?
                  Last edited by niftynigel; 10-06-2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Nice find in Tesco today. Full case on a trolley
                    Nice to find Rip in the wild.

Comment

• nice find simon, finding stuff in the wild is so much better than using the dreaded ebay, etc, wheres the fun in that
                      Originally posted by pirelliboy View Post
                      Nice find in Tesco today. Full case on a trolley
                      Nice to find Rip in the wild.

Comment

• Very Nice Simon! Wish we would get those near us! ...Am I being dumb or have they stopped printing the cars names on the front?

Comment

• Chloe, not dumb.... USA cars have names printed... UK cars have a little picture! Lol!

amazing finds Simon! Move up the coast just a little, lovely new cars!

Comment

• Nice find!

Hopefully they will start sending them out to more stores soon

Comment

• Great finds Simon, go check your nearest TK Maxx in the UK for Hot Wheels as they just got Retro and Nostalgia ranges in... pot luck what you get. £3.99 each...

Comment

• The clipstrips were supposed to be the last knockings for the 2013 series, but Tesco (and ASDA) wanted them early and Mattel obliged.

Disney Stores were supposed to be the first to market with at least one of the final two cases, possibly both?

The plan was, at the end of October / beginning of November, the last wave of cars (the final two cases) were supposed to be on general release. It would appear that Mattel is sticking to this part of plan and holding onto them for the time being!?

These were supposed to be followed by the clipstrips as these usually represent what's left over, so anything can appear in these cases.

I can confirm that Francesca (Chase) car was in one of those clipstrip cases. I'm not sure it whether it was Tesco or ASDA.

We like to collect cars on a mint card. As a result, we've ended up with a spare Mile Axlerod (with open Hood), Alex Carvill and Nick Stickers (TRU).

If anyone wants to do a trade, let me know via PM. If not, they will be sold on a not-for-profit basis plus postage. Otherwise, they will go back to store.
                                Last edited by niftynigel; 10-07-2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X