Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ta for that yuffie, goddam yanks get everything, plus they get em cheaper, rant over
    Originally posted by yuffie View Post
    they are all 'deluxe' ones - ivan, kabuki, fancesco fan, materhosen and waiter - so we are not worthy of them over here

and checking the reciept the alex carvill was a 1/3 off which i didn't even notice in my delight at seeing him!

Comment

• It has been confirmed that the case contents for the final singles case (994D) *should* contain the following cars ...

MILDRED BYLANE - 2
      BRENT MUSTANGBURGER (with Headphones) - 2
      RUKA (CHASE) - 1
      VICTOR PAVEONE - 1
      NATURE DRIVE LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 3
      JEFF GORVETTE - 4
      HARUMI - 1
      DEXTER HOOVER (with Chequered Flag) - 2
      CHICK HICKS - 2
      RUSTY RUST-EZE - 1
      CACTUS LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 1
      CHARLIE CHECKER - 1
      MIKE LORENGINE - 1
      UNCLE TOPOLINO - 2

... That said, it would be doubtful if there are actually four Jeff Gorvette's in there!

Maybe two of him maybe replaced by something else?

Following on from two Nature Drive Lightning McQueen's in the previous 994C/Clipstrip case, three more is a bit OTT.

The latest date stamp on a 994C case I've seen (in Sainsburys) is 2203EAA, which overlaps with the *remnants* of some of the initial batch of 994D cases I saw last week (2193EAA).

They were all minus all of their goodies, so that could've been a mis-pack or something more sinister?

It was also confirmed that Ichigo was released in the UK, in very small numbers in late July. It was likely that she was at a few Disney Stores? This also does make it possible that she could appear on a clipstrip somewhere!

Comment

• Thanks for that info Nigel.

I'm glad to see Sainsburys have got back in on the Cars scene. I wonder when Morrisons are thinking of rejoining the action ? They have been completely bare of cars in our store for weeks now, The plastic box and price ticket is still on shelf just no Cars to be seen.

Also our Toymaster is still getting case with snot rod/mark wheelsen (can't remember case letter) Is there a chance case D could be first with Morrisons/Toymaster again?

Comment

• Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
          Thanks for that info Nigel.

I'm glad to see Sainsburys have got back in on the Cars scene. I wonder when Morrisons are thinking of rejoining the action ? They have been completely bare of cars in our store for weeks now, The plastic box and price ticket is still on shelf just no Cars to be seen.

Also our Toymaster is still getting case with snot rod/mark wheelsen (can't remember case letter) Is there a chance case D could be first with Morrisons/Toymaster again?

I can't say for sure, but my guess is that following Mattel's apparent policy of rotating new first-to-market cases around, I think that Toymaster and Morrisons have to be front runners. I have so far seen the remnants of 994D cases at Hamleys and Smyths.

There are a few Smyths in Greater London and last Saturday only one had the case 994D. Some had the 994C, but some still had the now ancient 997U case! I would also expect Disney Stores to get some too, but with Mattel, who knows?

Comment

• Not finding anything at the moment other than the usual peg warmers

Comment

• Today was the opening of the Smyths store in Reading, clearly they had done well stocking with 994C case at least, but getting there about 10 mins after opening was too late, the Cars section was already well taken apart. On asking was told all they had was on display.

Comment

• found chug in sainsburys plus 2 rips, funnily enough the stock had been rifled thru and virtually all that was left were the 2 rips
                very strange
                good prices , in their sale

Comment

• Very strange for Rip to be left behind

I popped to a different Sainsburys today but toy section was very poor. May venture to Smyths in the week if i get chance, Haven't been there for months now.

Comment

• After travelling to 3 sainsburys yesterday and only finding a chug I decided to head to another one in missed yesterday
                    Bingo 2 and a half cases in Stock
                    After a bit of help and half an hour of waiting around and the employee telling me you can only have 10 of the same item
                    maybe she should read it says 6 of the same but anyhow I managed to get 3 rips and a couple of the others
                    can finally have an open rip as one package was torn

Comment

• nigel, what do you think we,re going to find this side of christmas?
                      have you any contacts in home bargains to see what they might be getting?

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                        nigel, what do you think we,re going to find this side of christmas?
                        have you any contacts in home bargains to see what they might be getting?

There's no Home Bargains anywhere near me. I've only seen them om my travels. When I've asked stores like Home Bargains, they've said they have no control on what comes in, it's down to HQ.

It wouldn't come as any surprise to see places like Home Bargains, TK Maxx getting some deluxe and double packs - European or US overstocks - a bit late, but better late than never!

I had been told that once the current 2013 singles' stocks were exhausted, the first wave (probably two cases) of 2014 singles would be distributed to stores in December. I asked about deluxe and doubles. It's down to demand. If there is sufficient demand from retailers, we will get them! There wasn't the demand for the 2013 deluxe and doubles as retailers held off for Planes. Planes merchandise hadn't been the commercial success that was hoped, so Mattel were probably right not to distribute deluxe and doubles at the same time. There were production difficulties whilst planes were being made which meant even cars singles took a back seat.

With so many singles again for next year and another Planes outing, then there may not be deluxe or double packs again in the UK?

With a new Cars film planned for 2017, with a different set of themes each year until then, it looks likely that Mattel will attempt to reissue all Cars 1 and 2 singles between now and then. If you missed out first time, then you may get another chance to get that car that has eluded you. That also means that there could be between 30-50 *new* cars released in 2014-2016 too; not including variants!

That's what I read into the 2013 and 2014 themes so far! It may not pan out like that?

Comment

• Found a full case E in Tesco this morning. Grabbed the 2 Brent with headset. Now I have an opener

Comment

• well that seems quite a lot then, her indoors aint going to be too pleased about that, neither I may say will be the cmy, that is of course if you tell em, but as we all know these women tend to find out any way, Ihave got caught out a few times sneaking tem up to hq, ie the attic/roof space
                            ta nigel

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                              well that seems quite a lot then, her indoors aint going to be too pleased about that, neither I may say will be the cmy, that is of course if you tell em, but as we all know these women tend to find out any way, Ihave got caught out a few times sneaking tem up to hq, ie the attic/roof space
                              ta nigel

Shhhhhh!

(They are probably listening to you typing).

We all thought the 'thought police' were the bosses at work, now we know it's wives and girlfriends etc. Ooops!

Comment

• Stayed in london last night ad decided to have a look down Oxford street see if they had any cars. Went into disney store they had a few singles not a lot but did manage to get race official Tom and Alex carvill. Then onto selfridges who had a massive stock (biggest variety iv seen anywhere) I picked up j. Curvy gremlin, rusty rust-eze, Brent mustangburger, Vern, Jonathan wrenchworths and a boost with flames. They were all priced at £5.25, little bonus one scanned at £1 at the till! They had a few more iv not got but I ran out of money lol. Also had a quick look in hamleys they had a Nice stock but were priced at £8 each!

Comment

Working...
                                X