Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enzo, Morrisons in Cribbs had Holley with screen there on Saturday, they said theres a new delivery in today and would be out either tonight or first thing int he AM, not sure if thatll be another Case P but worth a look if you are in the vicinity?

HTH

Comment

• hauld the front page as big jim m,dowell would say, another great boogity find, was getting some garden bird food in home bargains and noticed the twin packs had been filled up, all the normal auld stuff, however the third item in looked a different colour, looked like the rear of leland turbo,,,,,and indeed it was.
      twin pack finn and leland for 3.99, out of the 6, (1 box) there was only the one,
      the bloke refused to go into the stockroom to look for more, that in spite of me helping put one of their shelves up, the upshot of which is that our eco warrior, ru5ty has sourced something in a nearby store, he hopes.
      also got hrh, again only one , but there were a few funny car maters and referees

so get down to home bargains before the lurkers and evil bayers, lelands a nice little car

(ru5ty, there was none of that stuff out, couldnt get in the lockup but will try tomorrow)

Comment

• noticed a finn/leland twin pack in the entertainer at london westfield on monday along with the queen, funny car mater and the sumo ref (never can remember the name)

the disney store in oxford street had nothing exciting apart from a micro drifters pack with rip

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
          ru5ty has sourced something in a nearby store, he hopes.
          also got hrh, again only one , but there were a few funny car maters and referees

so get down to home bargains before the lurkers and evil bayers, lelands a nice little car

(ru5ty, there was none of that stuff out, couldnt get in the lockup but will try tomorrow)
          Yes Roger as promised, they came in. loads at that, about 6 cases worth plus they have set up another area for them...

Also got these 2 packs.... only one left of the uncle & mama 2pack

Thanks again boogity for the heads up...

Comment

• is mama a one or two piecer?

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
              is mama a one or two piecer?

2 piece,you can see the 2 lines running adjacent to the bonnet,highlighting the segmented front.
              Most,if not all of the US cards had the 2 piece mama.
              She's only a unibody in the night skyline movie moments.
              Here's some shots of the 2 for you.

Comment

• Random pickup today, only stopped off to pick up Sgt Highgear (£6) and ended up with matching HRH (£5 one for trade if anyone's struck out), a RS Mario Andretti, and most unexpected of all...

Lurking amongst all the Mater/Zen Pitties was Darrell & Brent (set me back the princely sum of £2.50 ). I then found L&S Darrell for £4. I am now even more desperate for a 2013 Hobbscap to pair him with - anyone?!!!

image.jpg
                Last edited by Enzo; 04-24-2013, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                  Random pickup today, only stopped off to pick up Sgt Highgear (£6) and ended up with matching HRH (£5 one for trade if anyone's struck out), a RS Mario Andretti, and most unexpected of all...

Lurking amongst all the Mater/Zen Pitties was Darrell & Brent (set me back the princely sum of £2.50 ). I then found L&S Darrell for £4. I am now even more desperate for a 2013 Hobbscap to pair him with - anyone?!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2057[/ATTACH]
                  Enzo... fabulous, most pleased for you. Can you tell me how darrell and brent worked out @ £2.50... i seen one to at our local toys r us,, but
                  left it...thought it was full price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ru5ty View Post
                    Enzo... fabulous, most pleased for you. Can you tell me how darrell and brent worked out @ £2.50... i seen one to at our local toys r us,, but
                    left it...thought it was full price.
                    Thanks Rusty, sometimes the unexpected find is sweeter. Sorry for confusion given the TRU Mario, but the D&B actually came from this little Tesco Extra nearby. I only dropped in to pick up some toothpaste etc. and there in the sale rack was a load of 2-packs at £2.50 each. All Mater/Zen except one poking out at the back....a bit like boogity's Leland find.

By the way, if you have a spare Hobbscap with headset, I'd gladly trade the D&B (little man loves Hobbs but completely ambivalent about Brent).

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
                      Enzo, Morrisons in Cribbs had Holley with screen there on Saturday, they said theres a new delivery in today and would be out either tonight or first thing int he AM, not sure if thatll be another Case P but worth a look if you are in the vicinity?

HTH
                      had a look in cribbs causeway morrisons today and not much there - quite a few 2013 francesco's, LM (cone and leaf) plus a few others but nothing exciting (and they had reduced their toy section by about 2/3rds since my successful previous visit)

only excitement in the whole visit to cribbs was finding series 10 lego minifigures in smyths

Comment

• Ru5ty/Boogity - thanks for the heads up on those twin-packs.

Armed with that intell, I made a quick stop off at lunchtime. Had Mama/Uncle T (so so tiny) and two Leland/Finns. Took Leland pack to the checkout and it wouldn't scan. Uh oh. Manager came back saying there's a known problem with the code not scanning and so just to scan random item for £1.49!

Yep, so in two consecutive days I've scored Darrell/Brent plus Finn/Leland for total of £4. Less than a Tesco pegwarmer single...

Comment

• Emzo, any chance you could grab me 2 Lelands next time you are there? Would love one for playing and one for displaying Ill cover the costs bud. Cheers.

Comment

• With the exception of the four Kmart doubles and four Wal-mart 'Mater's Secret Mission' doubles, all the other doubles have now been released in the UK.

For the 11 Cars 2 doubles (all on US cards) we paid £123.30 GBP, at an average of £11.21 GBP each. The range was £3.50 to £22.69 GBP. We decided we didn't like the multi-language names on the front. They look kinda messy, so as Model Zone was selling the US ones, we started to collect doubles (and deluxe) in their sale about a year ago. The first seven came from the UK, mainly Model Zone, but the Acer/Security Finn, Mater/Sal, Finn/Leland and Uncle/Mama Topolino came from the US via eBay. Those four cost us £72 GBP incl. postage!

Sadly, with Mattel's somewhat erratic distribution, you don't know whether something will come out in all territories, so you have to take a gamble for fear of missing out! Some you win, some you lose!

Well done and congrats to all those finding them in UK stores at truly bargain prices!!!!

Comment

• 2 home bargains locally had 8 deluxe cases between them,never seen so many funny car maters
                              The both also had 5/6 movie moments cases,never seen so many leland turbos
                              2 x Tesco had nothing,Asda the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
                                Emzo, any chance you could grab me 2 Lelands next time you are there? Would love one for playing and one for displaying Ill cover the costs bud. Cheers.
                                Sent you PM mate, I'll try but there was only one Leland left after me.

Comment

Working...
                                X