Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did a quick call into tru this after, this shop is a b.....disgrace, what is the point of displaying christmas cars in march, they havnt had anything new for ages, call this a toy shop, its more like a museum piece, think i,ll email them next week when I get some time, will keep you posted on their reply...

on a different note, not sure which is the biggest rip off in the deluxe stakes, it used to be padre but now waiter mater takes over, think I predicted this way back in the day in one of those pcd caption competitions

Comment

• over at cribbs causeway and did the usual rounds

disney store - final day before they closed and i guess they are hoping to shift about 50 2012 carded maters for full price - managed to resist temptation
      toys r us - a handful of nick stickers but apart from that nothing but overpriced xmas cars and the usual museum pieces
      smyths - neon racers and lightning mcqueens - didn't check what they had of the former as the more i see them the more i am unimpressed
      tesco home - shock horror they had some new stock - obviously the months (years?) old silver and 2012 stock was still there but the had the first 2014 deluxe case with 2 or 3 of each cameracar and one mack
      asda - a few battered neons plus a few silvers and 2013 stock
      morrisons - absolutely nothing and it appeared no space so maybe they've given up on cars

so once again the only toy purchases were lego

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
        did a quick call into tru this after, this shop is a b.....disgrace, what is the point of displaying christmas cars in march, they havnt had anything new for ages, call this a toy shop, its more like a museum piece, think i,ll email them next week when I get some time, will keep you posted on their reply...

on a different note, not sure which is the biggest rip off in the deluxe stakes, it used to be padre but now waiter mater takes over, think I predicted this way back in the day in one of those pcd caption competitions

How about Mater and Zen Master Pitty for Ł12 in TRU?

OR

If they hadn't sold them / incinerated them / put them in the storeroom Mater and Zen Master Pitty for Ł15 at Hamleys (London)! That's what they will charge for their Deluxe and Double Packs if/when they ever come into stock!

Comment

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
          over at cribbs causeway and did the usual rounds

disney store - final day before they closed and i guess they are hoping to shift about 50 2012 carded maters for full price - managed to resist temptation
          toys r us - a handful of nick stickers but apart from that nothing but overpriced xmas cars and the usual museum pieces
          smyths - neon racers and lightning mcqueens - didn't check what they had of the former as the more i see them the more i am unimpressed
          tesco home - shock horror they had some new stock - obviously the months (years?) old silver and 2012 stock was still there but the had the first 2014 deluxe case with 2 or 3 of each cameracar and one mack
          morrisons - absolutely nothing and it appeared no space so maybe they've given up on cars

Is that another Disney Store closure?

You lost Bath last year. Was there one in the Bristol area too?

I've lost Guildford, Croydon and Kingston-Upon-Thames over the last couple of years.

Comment

• yep, bath and both bristol stores have gone in the last year or so - the notice in there today was saying the nearest branch is now cardiff

i guess they will shift all the stock to other stores as beyond the usual reduections nothing was marked down as with most closing down sales

Comment

• Went to the Bull ring today, nothing in any of the shops, just called in at Tesco in Coventry & found Mater the waiter & Emmanuelle, never worth Ł12 each, but have to get them or they disappear never to be seen again.
              Last edited by millimoo; 03-08-2014, 11:21 PM. Reason: predictive text error

Comment

• one of the Disney stores in Glasgow closed last year too

Comment

• In all honesty over the last few years the Disney store has been really poor for cars diecasts, I know new products come out & replace existing ones, but how come Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's still get new ones?

Comment

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                    over at cribbs causeway and did the usual rounds

That tesco has had that stock in for weeks unless there new ones. They put out 2 boxes of deluxe about 4 weeks ago. Guess no one wants to pay the Ł12 price tag haha. I did find lee race, Lizzie and the king fan dude in asda filton last night.

Comment

• Asda had a mix in today.. they had Lee race, Wheel well Guido and Cartney Carsper.. Only bought Cartney Carsper.

Seeing Lee race more often now, is there many still after him ? Happy to grab an extra for someone when I see him next

Comment

• me me me I need one lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior View Post
                          me me me I need one lol
                          Lol will pick one up when I see him next

Comment

• My local Morrisons had replenished their cars box (first time since last year I think) and it was with a 2013 case! Boo!

Comment

• message for ru5ty the lurker, i,m stil waiting for you to come down and help me with the belfast sink!!!!
                              will check sainsburys tonight

Comment

• Found a 2014 case in TRU today (was shocked!) but it was the no stall/flo case. Also found the second wave of pitty launchers in Asda containing octane gain.

Comment

Working...
                                X