Recent Finds: September 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Finds: September 2011

Even though it's still August 30, I wanted to create the thread for September 2011 finds... Once September 1 is here, please post your September 2011 recent finds here.

Here's hoping more of us find more in September than we did in July and August.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I've received a couple of packages today... I'll post photos later tonight... however, with having to have a new alternator installed in my Civic today, and also new brakes, there goes my Cars budget for the rest of the month...

Pinion Tanaka (from Peter McQueen (Belgium):

Package 2 is supposed to contain new Lights and Sounds and a new 2 pack... I'll add what the Lights and Sounds Cars say as well as post photos.

Professor Z: Single and Lights & Sounds
    Last edited by cac1959; 09-02-2011, 02:34 AM. Reason: Added photos

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Just because we can't find anything new in the store doesn't mean we still can't have fun! Got these two packages last night and today from two board members from one of the "other" sites.

Looks like it will be Christmas in...September? No, they will stay in the box until we put the tree up...on Veteran's Day? Have invited one of these traders to join, but he can't see himself on more than one Cars site just yet. Have had numerous trades with him. Even for non-Cars items too. He will come over soon hopefully. The other package was from a first time trade with a different board member. Just mailed a box today to new board member here today too. This hobby got a lot more fun when I started trading back in March. Thanks everybody!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

New cars from a friend who just got back from America

Race team Mater
        Shu (rubber tyres)
        Nigel (rubber tyres)
        Finn with weapons & Grem
        Mater with spy galss & Acer

3D school lunch box :-)

Comment

Found four B cases of singles in Tesco (uk).
          One Carla in each case.

Comment

Originally posted by pirelliboy View Post
            Found four B cases of singles in Tesco (uk).
            One Carla in each case.
            Did you buy them all?

Comment

Originally posted by dumbleweed View Post
              Did you buy them all?
              Offer in Tesco at the mo is two for Ł7 so what would you have done.....
              Hell yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by pirelliboy View Post
                Offer in Tesco at the mo is two for Ł7 so what would you have done.....
                Hell yeah!
                Ha ha ha nice one!!!!

Comment

2 for 7 quid in tesco, did I buy any? - course I didnt!

Comment

Nothing here is US except NIgel Metallic...
                    PEACE is not the answer

Comment

I'll add photos later tonight or this weekend... Photobucket is not working right at work...

Went to a satellite location of our campus today and was within 20 miles of Muncie... went to Walgreens and scored 7 20 ounce bottles of Blue Raspberry Crush! At 99 cents per bottle it's a good deal... although it does come out to about $3.50 per 2 liter bottle... still, I was glad to find more of my favorite pop, which appears to have been discontinued according to a friend who is manager of a local grocery store..

The Walgreens is in the same strip mall as a Toys R Us store... the large Cars display up front is gone... in its place is a Star Wars display... went back to the Cars section and saw the signs for a free Metallic Jeff Gorvette with $25 purchase... and found 4 Nigel Gearsley with Metallic Finish... Got them and a free Jeff Gorvette... nothing else new...

Stopped at the Kmart on my way out of town as I headed back to work... 7 weeks ago I found a full case of the Carla and McQueen crew chief 2 packs (bought 4 Carla and 5 McQueen then)... today... they had another full case! Bought the 4 Carla sets even though the cardbacks were not good... Marked up to $8.99 plus tax each... I guess they have to pay for all the returns where people ordered them on Kmart.com and got McQueen/Francesco or Finn/Tomber (all 2 packs at Kmart have the same number)... This is the first time I've seen a store get a second case (or order)... I've still only seen them at 3 of 12 Kmart stores...

Best for openers... it's a shame at $9.62 per 2 pack with tax, but beggars can't be choosers:

And then when I got home from work...

USPS had tried to deliver a package from lovemini but no one was home to sign for it, so I'll get it tomorrow... and USPS had delivered a great package from cvc1968:

Last edited by cac1959; 09-03-2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Awesome, cac1959! I still haven't seen a single crew chief. Or Raspberry Crush, for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovely View Post
                          Nothing here is US except NIgel Metallic...
                          Not over here yet. At least not as of last night. Hit 2 TRUs yesterday and nothing...

At least I get to go back out to the post office today. Lovemini sent a box waiting for us too!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Got Denise Beam - Carla's fan
                            6 Mini cooper - McQueen's fan 4 for friends, 2 for myself.
                            Picked 2 pope for friends here.
                            Found a unspun Finn - gifted to a friend like this kind of cars.
                            Got a very special dragon mcQueen of Tokyo Mater, super cool, best car of my Tokyo Mater's collection.
                            I finished my a special racer team set. top secret now, you will see the pictures later. - Mater

Comment

Great scores, lovemini... can't wait to see what's in your lovemini package, bobbyjack... I'll post photos of mine later... the post office opens in an hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X