Recent Finds: December 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Finds: December 2011

Getting ready for next month... please post your December 2011 finds in this thread.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Got toady:
    metallic Raoul
    metallic Jeff
    metallic Finn
    Tomica Security Finn
    Mattel Security Finn
    Tomica Shu's crew chief
    Last edited by lovemini; 12-02-2011, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemini View Post
      Got toady:
      metallic Raoul
      metallic Jeff
      metallic Finn
      Tomica Security Finn
      Mattel Security Finn
      Tomica Shu's crew chief
      Could we have pictures please
      Also went to 2 Tescos yesterday nothing new, but I went to 2 Smyths and one of them had all the recent cases E,F,G,H and J. What do you you need guys?
      Thanks Mark
      Last edited by MarknotaMack; 12-02-2011, 02:25 PM. Reason: added content

Comment

Saw 6 or 7 Denise Beam four packs in Target, but just like sodabear, I left them behind. $19 plus tax for one new car is not in the Christmas shopping budget.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

MarknotaMack, which Smyth's have you gone to so far as mine didn't seem to have any last time I looked?

Comment

found Finn Security Guard/Acer twin pack today, Finn is incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by aldouk View Post
              found Finn Security Guard/Acer twin pack today, Finn is incredible!

Where were these, in the UK???

Comment

Cars Quick Changers

Stopped at Walmart this morning after taking my son to work... the Cars cube was gone... I was very disappointed in the selection... everything was old product... and then out of the corner of my eye I saw something new on the top shelf... Cars Quick Changers... There were 12 on the shelf (a case of 12 perhaps) - 4 Lightning McQueen with Crash Damage, 2 Mater with Wasabi Tongue, 3 Nigel Gearsley with Crash Damage, and 3 Finn McMissile with Karate Wheels... I took them to the price scanner - it reported see Team Associate for help... I found a team member - they were $5.97 each... I bought one of each.

They transform... I imagine my grandsons will like that as they are playing with Transformers a lot now and not Cars.

Here are some photos from my new cell phone which I got last night:

Nigel Gearsley with Crash Damage and Lightning McQueen with Crash Damage:

Nigel (cardback):

Finn McMissile with Karate Wheels and Mater with Wasabi Tongue:

Mater (cardback):

Also... friends in Pennsylvania and Kentucky have found the new Kmart crew chief 2 packs... John Lassetire/Jeff Gorvette and Francesco/Francesco Crew Chief... I should have one of each by the weekend... it may be time to go search Kmart again... out of town, of course, as ours just has the Tomber and Zen Master Pitty 2 packs.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

mackie, yes uk,my local independent toy shop had them

Comment

thats prob 9 quid over ere,
                    bearing in mind its coming up to christmas , theres not alot out there, very disappointing

Comment

12/7/11 scores

Stopped at the local Kmart before my bowling league this evening... I could not believe my eyes... for the first time in our store, crew chief 2 packs...

Jeff and Francesco:

They'd gotten in over a case as there were over 12 crew chief 2 packs on the pegs, including at least 8 of the McQueen/Fillmore 2 packs.

And when I got home from bowling, I had a great package from cvc1968 waiting for me... Lights and Sounds Cars and custom World Grand Prix trucks - I'd bought decals for us on eBay and Conrad did the customization onto extra Duff Wrecks... Many thanks, Conrad!

Comment

Found the same crew chief packs at the kmart near where I work. Another MD collector reported them at his local Kmart as well. We both saw the same bad case assortment, 3 Jeff Gorvette w/ crew chief for every 1 Francesco. Same ratio as Fillmore w/ headphones to Carla w/ crew chief. This kind of thing is what clogs the pegs and doesn't move your product Mattel!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                          Found the same crew chief packs at the kmart near where I work. Another MD collector reported them at his local Kmart as well. We both saw the same bad case assortment, 3 Jeff Gorvette w/ crew chief for every 1 Francesco. Same ratio as Fillmore w/ headphones to Carla w/ crew chief. This kind of thing is what clogs the pegs and doesn't move your product Mattel!:mad:
                          I emailed Mattel in the UK to tell them how dissapointed I was with the 20 car pack, 18 of I already had, they phoned me the next day & told me Disney tell them what to put in the packs & case assortments, how true that is, is anyones guess

Comment

Any news on these Kmart specials ever getting a release in a UK shop of some description? This US only thing is rubbish.

Comment

Unfortunately, store exclusives (and to a lesser extent country exclusives) have been a way of life during the 4+ years that I've been collecting Cars... However, having said that, the Team Crew Sets (crew chief and 3 pittys) that were originally a US Target exclusive have now turned up a Toys R Us in the UK... the Kmart crew chief 2 packs have been found in France and Australia distributed by Carrefour (I hope that's the right spelling)... Don't give up... with friends from other countries you may be able to find the Cars that you need/want/crave.

Great score on the new crew chief 2 packs, bobbyjack... and you are so right about poor case assortments clogging the pegs... but it's been that way for years, back in the days of Cars... if Mattel cared about their customers, they'd sell a lot more product.

Comment

Working...
                              X