Recent Finds: February 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Finds: February 2012

I know it's a few days early... Please post your February 2012 finds in this thread...

Here's hoping we're all able to find more Cars in February than we did in January... this post Christmas lull is the worst I remember in the almost 4 years I've been collecting...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Saw Raoul and Francesco launchers for the first time ever at my local Target.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Great score on the Raoul and Francesco launchers at Target, bobbyjack... you're the first person who has reported finding them at Target - they were found at Kohl's and Family Dollar stores in the late September to late November time frame.

I stopped at a small town Walmart after work tonight... I found and bought a Mood Springs Hauler on clearance... the Air Hogs Radio Controlled Finn McMissile with missile firing was on clearance for $8.50 (originally $34.97)... I almost bought it... they had 9 deluxe - 1 Hydrofoil Finn and 8 Submarine Finn... I saw 20 singles on the pegs - 2 Finn, 1 Raoul, 1 Mater, 15 Lightning McQueen, and 1 Race O Rama Lenticular Lightning McQueen... the Cars section was even smaller than it was a month ago... they told me they were getting ready to remodel the store (which has only been open 5 years).

And someone in Orlando (Florida) found the Cars2 Carla Veloso launcher at Disney... they made a youtube video which can be seen at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6CTPe3Y-ZT8

The Jeff Gorvette launcher is pictured on the back of the Carla launcher.
      Last edited by cac1959; 02-03-2012, 02:45 AM.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Always found the launchers a bit ...............Rubbish, elastic band falls off & too plasticy, also expensive here in the UK, I'd sooner spend the pennies on a new different car, if there is such a thing!

Comment

Originally posted by millimoo View Post
          Always found the launchers a bit ...............Rubbish, elastic band falls off & too plasticy, also expensive here in the UK, I'd sooner spend the pennies on a new different car, if there is such a thing!
          Yeah me too. I think I have maybe 2 launchers from the first film and none from the second. The cars launchers were Ł10 and the cars 2 ones are Ł12. Too pricey for me here in the UK. You only need to go to Debenhams and you still see Race O rama launchers. No one is willing to pay such a high price for an elastic band, a piece of cheap plastic and a car you already have.
          I think if they were even double the price of a single car collectors would still be put off.

Comment

I have Francesco and Raoul launchers, my grandma found them at a Big Lots she told me.

Comment

a few new items have appeared in tesco town
              lego- red and acer 19.95
              francesco and sarge talkies 8.95
              mack changer, cant rem price

Comment

Originally posted by millimoo View Post

Ditto. I have quite a few from C1, and every single one is broken in some way. I got a couple from C2, that I got in the early days when it was the only way to get certain cars (Shu, etc.), but now I feel like a sucker for spending good money on those chintzy things. No more for me- well unless Rip comes out as a launcher before a single. Then I might change my tune for second.

Comment

Originally posted by sodabear View Post
                  Ditto...No more for me- well unless Rip comes out as a launcher before a single. Then I might change my tune for second.
                  That will be the only launcher I buy on site either right now. Saw the Raoul and Francesco launchers in Family Dollar yesterday. Haven't been in there since last April when the first Cars 2 singles started showing up. They still had some Finns, McQueens, and Maters from then I think too.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

over the last few days i've been on the hunt,this is what i found in all.only 2 new vehicles found in all,pinion tanaka and hudson hornet lightning mcqueen.

Comment

Nice finds DJ... anyone seen the megasize mattel pope mobile in the UK yet?

Comment

found mine in sainsbury's although on a us card,not seen pope,pinion or popemobile yet on uk/international cards.

Comment

home bargains have the cars 2 diecasts at 1.59, however I only spotted finn/michael caine and mater, so left .em, also spotted pinion, he was 3 quid, but I think the guy made that one up!!!!

Comment

Disney Movie Rewards Cars sign: 2/7/12

My most recent eBay purchase arrived via FedEx today... a Disney Movie Rewards light up Cars sign:

Now if only I could find some diecast Cars...

I'll have to find a spot on the wall to hang the sign... if I can't, I may have to send it to Conrad's house...

Comment

How much you want for it

Comment

Working...
                              X