Recent Finds: April 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Finds: April 2012

I know that I am even earlier than usual... Starting Sunday April 1, 2012, please post your April 2012 finds in this thread... Thank you.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

although not quite in april yet i thought i'd start it with these .hopefully this month will bring some new cases into the retailers rather than paying over the odds and have them packed in brown paper (abysmal)for the rigours of posting.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

It's not even April yet... but that's a great start to the month, Jason...

I got a loose Chase Security Guard a week or so ago... it looks great carded... and I am still digging the International cardback Chase Cars...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

i think the model is great and compliments finn in the same guise perfectly.2 great vehicles shows mattel's potential,you just have to question their strategy in distribution.

Comment

Good stuff Jason.

It feels like just yesterday I was posting in the thread for upcoming March finds....time flies! Let's hope April is better than March (although we said that at the end of Feb. and look where we are now...)

Comment

Smyths have radiator springs ramone and purple grem (dont know what they are calling it) and they have lots of stock, check it out if your in the uk

Comment

Does anyone know why they're calling purple grem Russ Gremlin and not J. Kirby Gremlin??

Comment

I found Case P and S today in Smyth's and here's the contents of Case S

Comment

that's the same case exactly i seen at our local smyths as well.3 of them in total and an excellent variety in case contents.a totally different contents to what was reported from belgium containing the airport security guard.

here's some pics of what i took today.one of the cases had been opened already and was missing a don crumlin and a chase ramone.

Comment

Blimey Djjd great finds there mate, i'm so jealous . I don't have a Smyth's near me, I don't suppose you'd be willing to sell me one of your Radiator Ramone's would you???

Comment

Yeah, this is now getting confusing. I have seen 3 different cases in Smyths Charlton with the following info.

Case 1
                        New case box with code W1938-996G NO RED DO NOT PLACE ON SHELF MAY 16th 2011 (white sticker label on the side code W1938-8510)

Case 2
                        Old 2011 case box with code W1938-996G WITH A RED DO NOT PLACE ON SHELF MAY 16th 2011 (white sticker label on the side code W1938-8510)

Case 3
                        New case box with code W1938-996P NO RED DO NOT PLACE ON SHELF MAY 16th 2011 (white sticker label on the side code W1938-8510)

So this may mean that Mattel are holding a lot of cases in-stock from 2011-2012 and have taken all the contents out and replaced them with new quantities. There was a lot gone already at Smyths, but MarknotaMack's picks look pretty close to the cars on the pegs and the few that were left in the cases. I can only see 1 car I found in the new boxes that doesn't look to be in the pictures above is Mel Dorado.

No Security guard chases in these boxes though?

Comment

Great scores. I just received a text message from a friend that Kmart, Meijer, and Target have singles for $1.00. I am unable to confirm. Can others in the US let us know?

Posting via my phone is a challenge.

Update: several friends have confirmed the sale prices.

I found Jeff & Carla launchers at a Kohls store today. They also matched the Target 99 cent price on singles. I got a Hudson Hornet McQueen for $1.07 with tax
                          Last edited by cac1959; 04-01-2012, 10:06 PM.

Comment

went back down to confirm the case codes today and they all are exatly the same code as above (w1938-8510)which was printed on a piece of paper on the side of the boxes.the pre printed case code also varied with codes P,G,H and J being the end letter in the code,which i'm guessing are from last years case assortment boxes that have been re-packed with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterLovesCars2! View Post
                              Does anyone know why they're calling purple grem Russ Gremlin and not J. Kirby Gremlin??
                              Because he's not J Curby. J Curby has orange stripes. Also, he's called Don Crumlin now. Why, I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X