No announcement yet.

Recent Finds: June 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why would the streets of japan 5 pack have a porta corsa scene on the packing?

come on now! what a load of total dross

I for one did not come up the river on a bubble

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
      why would the streets of japan 5 pack have a porta corsa scene on the packing?
      My guess is they had many of the Porta Corsa scenes "inserts" already printed from the first 3 TRU 5 packs... and rather than print more, they used what they had in a way to save money/maximize profits... we'll have to go back and see the London Chase set photos - that may have had the Porta Corsa scene as well.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I get to post that I found some new cars yesterday. Found Victor and Vladimir in the new TRU display yesterday. Not all of the TRU have this out yet. Hit 2 other TRUs and no display. First new cars since the beginning of March.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

At my Target, I made the quickest Cars run ever yesterday. Walk in the aisle, note nothing new and/or exciting, walk out. I have never been so fast through a Cars aisle. It was almost disturbing.

Comment

Travelled about 68 miles today on a cars hunt. Got one camino/shu/rod also a paul hauler, nothing new found but i did get 20% off the ones bought

Comment

Nice score, carscrazy... Miguel, Shu, and Paul Valdez have been hard to find recently... and it's always good to save money...

Is your Rod Torque Redline one of the newer ones with the straight sides of the cardback and a different color paint?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Went to my local Walmart a few days ago and their cars2 stuff was on sale.. So I bought Rod Torque Redline & Lewis Hamilton for $1.97 a piece.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                  Nice score, carscrazy... Miguel, Shu, and Paul Valdez have been hard to find recently... and it's always good to save money...

Is your Rod Torque Redline one of the newer ones with the straight sides of the cardback and a different color paint?
                  I didnt realise there was a difference with the Rods ?? Ours must be the older one as the sides are not straight. Whats different about the paint?

Called Disney store today to see if they had anything other then the usual suspects, you can imagine my suprise when they said they dont just have Mater and Mcqueen.. they also have a Holly lol Glad i didnt waste a journey up the motorway.

Comment

the quick changers are reduced to Ł4.70 or something similiar in tesco town

Comment

Just left my local Walmart. To my surprise I ended up finding a Deluxe Red. This might not be new, but it was one that I am missing and have been looking for a while for. Excited when I found it.

Funny too as it was sitting right on top of the shelf and not on the pegs like someone had placed it there waiting for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice find Diego

Comment

Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
                          I didnt realise there was a difference with the Rods ?? Ours must be the older one as the sides are not straight. Whats different about the paint?
                          The RTR diecast in the TRU 5-pack, short card single, and newer straight sided single has a more matte finish on the paint, while all other RTR's have a glossy, even metallic finish.

You can see the difference in the two images of singles listed here: http://www.disneypixarcarsdiecast.co...-Cars-2/Detail. The first is Matte Finish (new) RTR and the second is Glossy Finish (old) RTR.

Comment

having visited 2 smyths toy superstores in the last few days,i have managed to uncover yet another pair of cases that i have'nt encountered before.there are 4 different case assortments among the 2 smyths i have been to and not a new car among them.plenty of choice of cars on both new and old style cardbacks.
                            i picked up these 2 on the new style cardback.

Comment

I plan on taking photos of all 4 of my Rod Torque Redline Cars in the next couple of days:

Original single

Damaged Rod Torque Redline (from the 2 pack with Grem)

From the TRU 5 pack

New single

Just got home 13 hours after leaving for work this morning... probably too tired to take the pictures tonight.

Nice find on Red, Diego... Nice finds on the new cardback Cars, djjd21... those are part of the US singles case E - I have one coming.

And boogity - while I'd like to practice patience when it comes to new Cars, members coming to the site expect to see new Cars and/or things they can't find elsewhere... I have been patient and not bought a JL Surfer Truck... or a US cardback Chase Guido and Luigi... that's about the extent of my patience... I don't have Kmart 8 Cars yet either but that's less than 9 days away...

Thanks as well, boogity, for posting about the reduced price on Quick Changers... at that price you're less than most of the US retailers by the time of the currency conversion... I bought the first several but said no once McQueen with Pop-out tongue and Grem were released.

Comment

Shu and Miguel have been really hard to find lately.. I haven't seen them in stores since Halloween, good thing I got a few of them before hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X