Lurking in the bushes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurking in the bushes

I have been around lurking in the bushes for a few months, but am finally ready to introduce myself...
    My family went on a Make-a-Wish trip to Carsland at the end of June, the day that annual pass holders were blacked out. Having it be a Make-A-Wish trip meant that we didn't wait in any line the whole time. Radiator Springs Racers? walked right up, twice. Maters Junkyard Jamboree? probably 10 times, Luigi's? twice. And that continued for the whole trip. Of course, being a Make-A-Wish trip means there is a negative side of the story... don't ask unless you want to be hit with it, it hurts. After the trip, I thought that my kids should be able to have at least the original characters to play with in the diecast form. Little did I know, they are pretty spendy on ebay, the only place I knew to get them at the time. So rather than pay $30 for a lizzie, I bought several collections for a few hundred, kept a few, then re-posted the rest to get most of the cash back. In the end of that, I got most of the main characters from Cars 1 for less than $30 total, though I am still missing a Doc. After selling all of the "extras" at the time, I started purchasing more at the stores, then more, then the stores had nothing new. That's when I found this site and a few others. Since then I have gone balls-out (engine reference, nothing more, ask about it if you want!) and have amassed a collection of about 400 unique cars, 75% opened now, and 95% for play with the kids, though the 2 who play are only almost 2, and use them more as weaponized throwing ammunition than as toys, so they are mostly put away for now.
    I recently posted my want list along with what I have for trade. Take a look and help a Minnesota guy out! It's cold up dayr don-cha know?

I lurked on the Cars collecting sites for almost a year before posting. Being active makes the hobby a lot more fun. Trading has slowed down a lot. Once you get to a certain point, you only need the same stuff everyone else does. Welcome aboard!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

welcome e.davies1. I am happy you guys had a blast at Cars Land...and on the same note am sorry to hear that it was through the Make A Wish foundation. I hope things are looking up.

Hope you can find what you need among us.

Transformers for Trade
      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Welcome to PCD! Glad to learn more about you... I'll check through my extra boxes to see if I have an extra Doc... Make A Wish is an excellent resource for youngsters and their families that have gone through things that most of us cannot even begin to comprehend.

It sounds like you had a great day at Cars Land - I hope to go in 2013.

Again, glad to see you here at PixarCarsDiecast.com

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

WHAT UP?!

Welcome to PCD e.davies1

Comment

welcome to PCD and really like your tale

Comment

Welcome e.davies1

I'm glad you found your way out of the bushes

Comment

Working...
              X