Happy Holidays!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Holidays!

Hi Everyone. I'm new to the collecting world but its not for lack of enthusiasm. I love all things Cars and Pixar so this is a perfect fit. I've wanted to start collecting for some time now but with school (and student loans) it just wasn't financially possible. But things have changed. I just graduated from law school, passed the CA Bar, and have a job in downtown LA. Most importantly, I have a paycheck again. I see that many people on here have been collecting for a while. Any recommendations for someone new to the game? Any thoughts on where to begin? I would appreciate any and all comments and suggestions. Look forward to interacting with everyone. Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the site

Hope you enjoy your stay with us. As for where to start, I guess with whats in stores at the moment. Visit our for sale threads also, you may be abke to snag some good deals

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Welcome, and congrats on the law career! there are many differnet ways to collect - as long as you have fun and enjoy it you will find the right way for you, for me i try to buy first in the shops (not many that sell cars in Scotland), trade or buy on here second but if all else fails i have to go down the ebay route, if you go on ebay be careful as there are some on there who will rip you off.

Comment

Welcome to PCD... congratulations on graduating law school and passing the CA bar... now you have decisions to make as to whether to buy and keep Cars carded or opened... or both.

Now would be a good time to go to Target and Walmart stores as they are selling merchandise on clearance... I also know of people who are able to find some new Cars (at a price, however) at Disney Land and Cars Land.

Post your wants and needs in the various threads in the Classifieds section... Occasionally people sell collections... and as you're in California, I'd encourage you to check out PCD supporter JMDL Toys - they have items listed in The Retailers Showcase on PCD.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Hello and welcome...

The advice I'd give to you is to collect what you want, but try not to get everything else you'll end up with another student loan!!!

I hope you enjoy...

Comment

Working...
          X