No announcement yet.

My name is Enzo and I have a problem...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My name is Enzo and I have a problem...

Hi, recent UK lurker but thought worth becoming another member (or should that be addict ) to this little gang of collectors/support group.

A brief intro to the curse then, probably very familiar to some of you...

Like many, a little clone of me first became obsessed with Cars when he was 18 months old, and slowly (ah who am I kidding) the fascination became mutual.

We started off with the TRU "Wood Collection" which he loved and still does - spending hours driving them (and crashing them) round his wooden train tracks, and over a year we got almost all of them before that store discontinued them (only missing the King and Chick pair, crap).

Then, via the "naughty cars" (Tunerz) and then the "baddies" he wanted "the biggest baddie of them all" Axelrod. We found the 1:55 Mattel version which actually fit the wooden tracks.

Sadly other Mattel diecasts didn't so he was disappointed, which led us to Disney Store 1:43 versions to play with, well pretty much everywhere else. I know this a mostly Mattel collectors forum but I hope us DS addic...errr collectors are welcome too? The detail is really good and collecting-wise it's the same painful deal really, the US gets the goodies first and usually exclusively. In the UK/Europe we suffer and can only drool from a distance (that massive Frank with tractors being the holy grail). Occasionally you see some over here before (recent Chauncy Fares London taxi for example) but not often.

Collection is starting to get decent (i.e. out of hand ha ha) now, lots of 1 and 2 characters, Toons (Impala XIII gets towed everywhere, Rescue Squad Mater attends all crashes etc.), Take Flight and some of the "Chase" cars.

The 2013 Mattel line has us very interested though, the Pitty Band ("Guidos playing music instruments!!!"), Mike Lorengine, Tunerz with flames especially. Just hope they become easily available over here. Asking too much? Probably.

Anyway, hello everyone...

From one fellow forum n00b to another, welcome to the forums Enzo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
      From one fellow forum n00b to another, welcome to the forums Enzo.
      Cheers mate, it's nice to know there are others "suffering" the same

Comment

LOL, i am still undecided whether its self inflicted or whether I continue to blame the little one (Not that it matters, the Missus knows the score LOL)

Comment

I'd go with "mutual dependency"

Comment

Greets from the Mi-West U.S.of A.

We're ready & willing to enable here!

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
              Greets from the Mi-West U.S.of A.

We're ready & willing to enable here!
              Actually, I think I ended up here because of you!

No really. Some random futile search for a certain combine harvester! Even now I feel your name is like a taunt and should have a question mark after it

Comment

if youre called enzo you must be a decent spud

Comment

Enzo, nice to meet you (well virtually anyhow) we all got the same problem with the obssive addictive dissorder
                  these little diecasts pleasure us with....for me its the colours, well thats my excuse
                  rehab didnt work for me lol...

Comment

welcome enzo

Comment

Welcome to the site Enzo

Comment

Well the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem..so congrats!!
                        Welcome to the site..LOTS of GOOD people here!

Comment

Welcome Enzo, I to started to cellect the cars for my son but it became an obsession for me! Lol

Comment

Welcome to the Cars support group....

We're all addicted so it's probably more of a negative impact we have on each other here.... More of a Cars encouragement group...

Comment

Welcome to PCD, Enzo... While I prefer the Mattel 1:55 scale Cars, I have a few Disney Store 1:43 Cars... collect what you like.

From Indiana... Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                              X