Greetings from West by God Virginia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from West by God Virginia

Glad to see another Cars site starting up. Really have missed Cars Toy Blog. Liked having two sites to check not that T5AD is bad, it's freakin' great but it was the only one I could access at work besides DisneyCarsToys.net So in other words, T5AD is the only site I spend any time on at work. Hopefully this one isn't blocked like the yuku site. Haven't been this excited to see an upcoming movie since the Star Wars prequel back in '99.

So I'm 35 with 3 kids and a wonderful wife who thankfully puts up with me. I guess she can't really complain that I spend all our money on the kids, right? So I'm a transplant out here in West Virginia, grew up just north of DC in the MD suburbs. But my 3 year old is becoming a redneck and even talks with an accent. If he's not watching Cars or SpongeBob, its Monster Jam on the Speed Channel.

So hopefully I'll be collecting these Cars as long as my son is into them. Starting to wonder if it will be a Cars or a Transformers Christmas though. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Welcome to my fellow hockey watching car collecting buddy!
    Lots of great collectors on this site from all around the world and it may also be a transformers Christmas in my house also

Comment

Welcome, bobbyjack... West Virginia is beautiful country, especially in the fall when the leaves are turning... my Mom's parents lived in eastern Kentucky (Pike county) and we'd often take US 52 from Huntington to Williamson along the river (the western part of the state) on our way down... they lived about 10 miles from Williamson, in a little town called Stone on Kentucky 199, off US-119... My mom's family was full-blooded Hatfield from the Hatfield-McCoy feud...

I'm glad to hear your wife puts up with your Cars hobby (addiction)...

We saw the movie today - the 4:15 pm show... went to Walmart after it ended... I told my grandchildren they could each pick a toy... the 2 boys (9 and 8) chose... Transformers toys... and my granddaughter selected a Barbie toy... Sigh...
      Last edited by cac1959; 06-25-2011, 12:16 PM.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Think after seeing the movie today, it will be at least one more Cars Christmas. I would love for him to get into Transformers(had just about everyone of them from '84 -'86)but he is still a bit too little. We have two of the cyberverse ones and they are right about his speed. He has me transform everytime though.

Comment

Welcome aboard bobbyjack

The G1 Transformers Stuff ruled! I had loads but sold it when I was younger. A few years back I spent quite a bit of cash on eBay to get soem of the cars back again but had to stop as I was getting addicted to winnign the items!!!

Comment

Was thinking about taking my son to see Transformers 3 this Thursday, but then saw that it was over two and half hours long. I guess we will wait for the DVD. Loved the first one but felt very confused trying to follow the second one in the theatre. Didn't see it again until two weeks ago and liked it a lot more the second time. I guess not many people gave Transformers 2 a second chance. Planning on getting him StarScream next time I'm at a Walmart.

Comment

Working...
            X