RRichie09 checking in from Southern California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRichie09 checking in from Southern California

Looks like I'll be sticking around so I thought I'd introduce myself.

My name is Richard, I'm a new dad (15 month old boy), and I've been collecting cars for about a month.

It actually started with Planes, but moved onto Cars. I almost have every plane and all of the "main" characters from Cars 1 & 2. Just picking up a few that I think are cool, like the Ferarri and Alfredo (ambulance). I'm buying them for my son to open and play with so I'm not really a collector, but I used to collect transformers, mainly 1984-1985 stuff so I do have that collector's mentality. Why else would someone buy a little less than a hundred cars diecast toys for their 15 month old, haha.

This sight has been a great resouce and everyone seems very nice.

Beyond cars, I've been riding motorcycles since the minute I turned 18 and I grew up playing Ice Hockey, something I've gotten away from, but looking to play again for fun.

I

Nice to meet you, Richard... I'm glad that you found us... my advice to you is if you think you might want a Car or Plane buy it when you see it - you'll save in the long run... The exception might be the "minor" exclusive characters found in 4 packs and 7 packs - most of the Target exclusive Cars have been re-released as singles.

Motorcycles - nice... my late grandfather was a Harley dealer for 40 years... he offered me a Sportster when he retired and closed shop in the early 80s but I didn't buy it... and ice hockey in southern California - that's not something I usually think of when I think of southern California.

Again, welcome to PCD... from eastern Indiana... Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Welcome to PCD!
      Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
        Nice to meet you, Richard... I'm glad that you found us... my advice to you is if you think you might want a Car or Plane buy it when you see it - you'll save in the long run... The exception might be the "minor" exclusive characters found in 4 packs and 7 packs - most of the Target exclusive Cars have been re-released as singles.

Motorcycles - nice... my late grandfather was a Harley dealer for 40 years... he offered me a Sportster when he retired and closed shop in the early 80s but I didn't buy it... and ice hockey in southern California - that's not something I usually think of when I think of southern California.

Again, welcome to PCD... from eastern Indiana... Chris

I have been into sportbikes and motards mostly, but a sportster is the one Harley that I've always wanted and will one day own. If I had the financial means I'd be collecting bikes haha. I actually had to sell my bike a few years ago while in school because I needed a car for when it rained and riding to school after an all-nighter was not ideal. Now with my son and a having a friend of mine pass away recently while riding it is something that I am thinking deeply into.

Hockey and sunshine is an odd mix. I grew up playing in Southern California, but when I turned 15 I moved to MA to play juniors. Leaving home at such an early age made me grow up faster, but I did get into a fair amount trouble being on my own at that age without paterental supervision. It turned out ok and I've had experiences very few others share.

Thanks for the advice and warm welcome.

Originally posted by ksammut View Post
        Welcome to PCD!
        Thank you. Are really 12 years old? You write very well and are very well mannered.

Comment

Welcome to PCD RRichie!!
          -Steve
          AKA Tmremote

Comment

Originally posted by RRichie09 View Post
            I have been into sportbikes and motards mostly, but a sportster is the one Harley that I've always wanted and will one day own. If I had the financial means I'd be collecting bikes haha. I actually had to sell my bike a few years ago while in school because I needed a car for when it rained and riding to school after an all-nighter was not ideal. Now with my son and a having a friend of mine pass away recently while riding it is something that I am thinking deeply into.

Hockey and sunshine is an odd mix. I grew up playing in Southern California, but when I turned 15 I moved to MA to play juniors. Leaving home at such an early age made me grow up faster, but I did get into a fair amount trouble being on my own at that age without paterental supervision. It turned out ok and I've had experiences very few others share.

Thanks for the advice and warm welcome.

Thank you. Are really 12 years old? You write very well and are very well mannered.

Thank you! To answer your question, yes I am 12 years old.
            Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

welcome to pcd from texas

Comment

welcome to the site!
                "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Welcome to PCD!!

Comment

Welcome to the site as as well.
                    May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Working...
                    X